+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Human Capital Priority Stream 2023 Feb Draw- Timelines

sampaul

Star Member
Feb 21, 2023
Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone can help me since I cant seem to find related answers,
I just got an NOI for Ontario on March 8 and started to do my application for OINP so here are a couple of my questions:
1. I have My Masters ECA from WES which I got from Australia , But my Bachelors is from Philippines and I have tried contacting my school and started the process to get them to send my TOR to WES but from the looks of it, It won't make the 45day cut-off deadline for OINP, so question is can I only include my Masters only in OINP education history because I have an ECA for that? what happens to my bachelors degree? where to do I place the details and do I still include the documents?
2. For work reference letters I have one from each supervisor I have had same position but different companies so I have 3 work reference letters is that enough? and then I have my pay slips, my contracts, employment forms etc, is that enough? how many letter do I need?
3. For the part that you have to fill the box in mention your intent in Ontario is this where I write a letter? or the letter is for the Documentation section, so what should I include in this box if not the letter then?
4. For passport do I just need most recent passport and pages of visas and stamps or do they mean all passports I have owned my whole life?
5. What is the passport image size in the photo section?
6.What does the bank letter look like and what does it say? I have asked my bank and they keep saying they don't provide such letters

I really hope someone could help me, It is quite expensive in Australia for an agent they want to charge me 3000 just for basic information, I have searched everywhere and have general Idea but I want to be 100% sure based on actual successful peoples experience in 2023 and also a lot of information in YouTube is in other languages, I really appreciate everyone's input and help and hope we can be of help to each other in clarifying these question! Thank you so much!
Hi, I am no consultant or an expert in this but here are my answers to your questions. I am saying this from my experience because I submitted one application about a month ago

1. Include all your education history, both bachelors and masters. For Masters include your WES details and for Bachelors don't include your WES details. Just answer No to the question "Do you have an ECA". Also include an explanation letter and explain the situation.

2. Add all 3 letters from 3 employers. Doesn't matter you are worked in the same role, but for the reason you worked for 3 different employers you have to add all the letters, paystubs, contract letters.

3. Yes, you have to write down the letter of intension to live in Ontario in that box. Keep in mind that it only allows 200 characters(not words). So briefly include all your ties to Ontario.

4. This one I am not entirely sure. Because I haven't come across anything like this before. But still I would suggest you to only add the most recent one with all the Canadian visas stamped. The one that is not expired.

5. They say "photograph of yourself (that meets passport or visa requirements) ". Just google the Canadian passport photograph requirements and then you will get it.

6. For the bank letters, just go to bank and get the Statements printed and get a seal from the bank. That is more than enough. That's what I submitted. I know some banks don't give letters. So just get the Statements sealed.
But I know people who just submitted the copy of statements without seals got approved. SO no big deal.

I hope this helps. Let me know if there are any other questions.

Thanks.

Reactions: mkhoshb

sampaul

Star Member
Feb 21, 2023
Hi, I am no consultant or an expert in this but here are my answers to your questions. I am saying this from my experience because I submitted one application about a month ago

1. Include all your education history, both bachelors and masters. For Masters include your WES details and for Bachelors don't include your WES details. Just answer No to the question "Do you have an ECA". Also include an explanation letter and explain the situation.

2. Add all 3 letters from 3 employers. Doesn't matter you are worked in the same role, but for the reason you worked for 3 different employers you have to add all the letters, paystubs, contract letters.

3. Yes, you have to write down the letter of intension to live in Ontario in that box. Keep in mind that it only allows 200 characters(not words). So briefly include all your ties to Ontario.

4. This one I am not entirely sure. Because I haven't come across anything like this before. But still I would suggest you to only add the most recent one with all the Canadian visas stamped. The one that is not expired.

5. They say "photograph of yourself (that meets passport or visa requirements) ". Just google the Canadian passport photograph requirements and then you will get it.

6. For the bank letters, just go to bank and get the Statements printed and get a seal from the bank. That is more than enough. That's what I submitted. I know some banks don't give letters. So just get the Statements sealed.
But I know people who just submitted the copy of statements without seals got approved. SO no big deal.

Thanks.

Reactions: adonais0

JordanPattinson

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021

Thanks.

Hi, I am currently submitting my OINP profile, and I am kinda stuck on the Education history section.

Background: I have a Bachelors degree, and a Post graduate diploma, which has a "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" equivalency.

Now on the aforementioned "Education History" section, there is a question:

What is your highest level of education for which you received an educational credential?

What should I choose for this?

Also, under that, there is a question:

List all post-secondary education and/or apprenticeships. In addition, list any secondary education (i.e. high school) completed in Canada only. Start with your most recent education.

Here I guess I have to list my Bachelors and my PGD separately, but there are 2 dropdowns in this section that are confusing me, One is the "Level of Education", and the 2nd is the "Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on ECA report "

Please inform me as to what I have to add for both my Bachelors and PGD. My bachelors is equivalent to a 4 year bachelors on my ECA, while my PGD is equivalent to a one year post-secondary certificate with a focus in HRM.

Thanks in advance.

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
I have done my ECA from IQAS. Do I have to authorize IQAS To send the evaluation to onip just as other people doing it for WES? Because on the website authorization is asked from WES and some others but IQAS is not mentioned.
Someone, please guide me with this.

vcarecontacts

Feb 8, 2023
Hi, I am currently submitting my OINP profile, and I am kinda stuck on the Education history section.

Background: I have a Bachelors degree, and a Post graduate diploma, which has a "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" equivalency.

What is your highest level of education for which you received an educational credential?

List all post-secondary education and/or apprenticeships. In addition, list any secondary education (i.e. high school) completed in Canada only. Start with your most recent education.

Here I guess I have to list my Bachelors and my PGD separately, but there are 2 dropdowns in this section that are confusing me, One is the "Level of Education", and the 2nd is the "Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on ECA report "

Please inform me as to what I have to add for both my Bachelors and PGD. My bachelors is equivalent to a 4 year bachelors on my ECA, while my PGD is equivalent to a one year post-secondary certificate with a focus in HRM.

Thanks in advance.
In level of education in your home country equivalency either it is bachelors degree , post graduation, diploma course or certificate course
In canadain equivalency wes report mentioned on top of report you have to mention as in wes report.
As in your profile i think it will be bachelor
And certificate course

vcarecontacts

Feb 8, 2023
I have done my ECA from IQAS. Do I have to authorize IQAS To send the evaluation to onip just as other people doing it for WES? Because on the website authorization is asked from WES and some others but IQAS is not mentioned.
I think we need to send report to oinp
We did in wes but in IQAS i dont know as someone who did from IQAS or your agent .

sampaul

Star Member
Feb 21, 2023
Its only for WES, CES and MCC. For the other organizations, no additional steps are required.

Reactions: Fasih Khan

sampaul

Star Member
Feb 21, 2023

Thanks in advance.
Hi Jordan,

for you its Bachelors.

You have to list all the education separate.

For Bachelors , Level of education is "Bachelors" and level of education shown in ECA is Bachelors (According to what you have written in here.)

(My bachelors is equivalent to a 4 year bachelors on my ECA, while my PGD is equivalent to a one year post-secondary certificate with a focus in HRM.)

for PGD, level of education is College certificate and equivalent will be One or two year certificate program (Not sure this is the exact option in the dropdown.)

I hope this helps.