+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream | Mistake/Difference in Field of Study

qryaknctrk

Feb 9, 2024
Hi All!

I have been invited to apply to OINP through the Employer Job Offer: International Student stream by the draw on February 8, 2024.

I was educated in the Geographic Information Systems (1 year post-graduation) program at Fanshawe College and earned an Ontario College Graduate Certificate on August 18, 2023.

While I was filling my EOI profile, I chose the "Computer and information science" type for the field of study category of my Canadian college credential.

After I received the invitation and started filling the forms and uploading the documents, I noticed that the Geographic Information Systems education is under the "Physical and chemical sciences" category (As per the Classification of Instructional Programs in statcan.gc.ca website)

Although both "Computer and information science" and "Physical and chemical sciences" categories are the subcategories of the STEM group and the difference does not change my EOI Score (84), I have concerns about the consistency of my whole application and to continue further and submit.

Will I receive a refusal if I select "Physical and chemical sciences" for my Canadian college credential's field of study in OINP e-filling portal submission?

Should I withdraw my application due to this difference?

I would be appreciated if you share your experiences and advises with me!

Thank you!

PDS35

Mar 17, 2024
Hi, I am in same situation right now. I got invited on March 12th,2024. What did you do? You got any answers regarding that?

qryaknctrk

Feb 9, 2024
Hello. Sorry to hear that.
I wrote an explanation letter regarding to my case and attached in the "other" file section.

I have completed my whole application and submitted. Still waiting it to be processed.

As per my researches, this subject is a minor issue with the OINP. As long as you can explain it, the officer would be convinced.

Don't withdraw your invitation, go ahead and submit. Good luck!

PDS35

Mar 17, 2024
Thanks, for looking into so quick and for hope. One more question, did you fixed your Field of Study - Physical and Chemical Science, while submitting your supporting documents or kept as EOI you submitted before?

PDS35

Mar 17, 2024
Thank you. Keep posted with your application. Good luck for your application. Best wishes for your nomination.

soorajshaju

Nov 28, 2020
Hi all,
I have a query regarding my OINP International Student Stream EOI. I am currently sitting at 70 points with just one Canadian credential, but officially I have two Canadian credential which means I have done two one year programs. I am not able to add my first year program because if I add it is going to exceed 2 years. Am I able to create an EOI with my second year program which I was graduated on Dec 2022. What is the chance of getting an invitation with 70 points. Is there any hope ? Is there any way I can add my other Canadian Credential So that I get additional points ?