+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OHIP Dilemma on Pregnancy

automne77

Feb 7, 2010
Guys, need help. I have OHIP and a valid health card but have not been in the country for the past 1 year...

I just heard from someone that I would have to wait 3 months again before I get covered again. Is this true?

What I don't understand is how do they the hospital find out whether I was in the country or not?

I have maintained bank accounts, do have a permanent address. Am I still considered a non-resident......

How much do pre-natal check ups cost, what about ultrasounds and other tests...

I really would appreciate some advice insight into this matter from you guys. I was hoping to come with my hubby sometime towards the end of 7th month. But if OHIP doesn't cover me then I might have to move back a lot earlier than that.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can check here: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/public/pub/ohip/longer.html if you are still covered under OHIP or not or you can contact them and ask. They may not know you were outside Canada but if you would have lost your OHIP if they knew, you have to take into account that they may somehow find out and if they did, they would likely ask you to re-pay any services they had covered while you should have been under your waiting period.