12-12-2014
Passport Req..
16-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-05-2015
Hi All,

I am filling my forms to get OCI and had a few questions.

I already have my canadian passport.
First, I am trying to Surrender my passport and Apply for OCI at the same time, which many people say is possible, but I see some issues.

1. Cancelled Passport upload requirement
When filling the online form for OIC, the checklist requests this as one of the uploads

Cancelled Indian passport (first and last page) with stamp showing ‘Cancelled on acquiring foreign citizenship’ as one file. In case, there is no Indian origin proof, Nativity Certificate can be uploaded here.

As I will be surrendering my passport at the same time, I dot have a stamp with Cancelled on my indian passport. Have the rules changed ? Should I do the surrender first, get my passport back with the cancelled stamp and then upload the image to OCI ?

2. Spouses Passport Information on the OPC online form
My spouse already has an OCI, but the OCI sticker/stamp is on her old canadian passport. She has since got a new passport and there is no need to renew her OCI as she is not 50 years of age.

When filling the spouse passport details on the OCI online form, which passport should be used ?
a) her current passport that does not have the OCI stamp
b) her old passport which has the OCI stamp, but the passport is not valid

3. Marriage Dates confusion OCI online form

When filling the online OCI form, it asks for Marriage Registration Date
When you are about to submit the form and you are asked to verify the details, the form shows Date of Marriage
These are 2 different dates(by canadian marriage certificate) - which one should be used ?

If you have come across any of this and have suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks !