+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Ceremony for Kid under 14 years (

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
Haven't reached this stage but it's better if you call and let them know about this since I read a case where the certificate of the child was delayed because they hadn't got the invite.
It can go either ways - the whole oath getting delayed or the clerk can add the kid then and there and complete their part.

Reactions: Calgary222

serene17

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hey,

I've been in a somewhat similar situation. I'm currently in Canada, but my son, who's a minor at 4.5 years old, is overseas and will be there for a few months. He's the only one in my application. Since minors don't have to attend the ceremony, I'm thinking of representing both of us during the Oath. I was wondering if getting his PR card cut after the Oath would work. Since you've already been through the Oath ceremony, could you please share your experience and let me know if this would work? What kind of questions do the officers typically ask about the minor? Do they inquire about whether the minor is in Canada or not? Your insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
i am in the same situation as you now. Can you share your experience please.
Were you able to attend the ceremony without your kid? How did you apply for passport?

thanks

stnguyenvn

Aug 23, 2020
Hey,

I've been in a somewhat similar situation. I'm currently in Canada, but my son, who's a minor at 4.5 years old, is overseas and will be there for a few months. He's the only one in my application. Since minors don't have to attend the ceremony, I'm thinking of representing both of us during the Oath. I was wondering if getting his PR card cut after the Oath would work. Since you've already been through the Oath ceremony, could you please share your experience and let me know if this would work? What kind of questions do the officers typically ask about the minor? Do they inquire about whether the minor is in Canada or not? Your insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
@zohaib52 I'm in the same situation. Would you please share your experience?

VJ9899

Apr 18, 2021
Hey,
I've been in a somewhat similar situation. I'm currently in Canada, but my son, who's a minor at 4.5 years old, is overseas and will be there for a few months. He's the only one in my application. Since minors don't have to attend the ceremony, I'm thinking of representing both of us during the Oath. I was wondering if getting his PR card cut after the Oath would work. Since you've already been through the Oath ceremony, could you please share your experience and let me know if this would work? What kind of questions do the officers typically ask about the minor? Do they inquire about whether the minor is in Canada or not? Your insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I am in the same situation. Could you please let me know what worked for you?

Enat nat

Apr 4, 2024
Hey,

Thanks!

Greetings I have appointment for next week and my child won't be in canada as well would you please share your experience of you were asked on the event about your child . Thanks

Enat nat

Apr 4, 2024
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/
E

Oath Ceremony for Kid under 14 years (

Unwatch
P
pseetha

Dec 14, 2023
Calgary222 said:
Haven't reached this stage but it's better if you call and let them know about this since I read a case where the certificate of the child was delayed because they hadn't got the invite.
It can go either ways - the whole oath getting delayed or the clerk can add the kid then and there and complete their part.

Reactions:Calgary222
Like Reply
S
serene17
Star Member

Jan 27, 2024
zohaib52 said:
Hey,

Thanks!
i am in the same situation as you now. Can you share your experience please.
Were you able to attend the ceremony without your kid? How did you apply for passport?

thanks

Like Reply
S
stnguyenvn

Mar 9, 2024
zohaib52 said:
Hey,

I've been in a somewhat similar situation. I'm currently in Canada, but my son, who's a minor at 4.5 years old, is overseas and will be there for a few months. He's the only one in my application. Since minors don't have to attend the ceremony, I'm thinking of representing both of us during the Oath. I was wondering if getting his PR card cut after the Oath would work. Since you've already been through the
Thanks!
@@zohaib52 I'm in the same situation. Would you please share your experience?

Like Reply
Greetings I have appointment for next week and my child won't be in canada as well would you please share your experience of you were asked on the event about your child . Thanks

balwinder_kaur

Star Member
May 2, 2018
I am in the same boat. My son received an oath invitation, does he need to attend it or can I attend on his behalf, or does niether of us need to attend it?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
I am in the same boat. My son received an oath invitation, does he need to attend it or can I attend on his behalf, or does niether of us need to attend it?
The kid's PR card needs to be cut...
You can do it for him in front of the IRCC officer and then leave, as there's no oath requirement for him.