+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nursing School in Canada?

MedicStudent

Apr 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, are you looking for a RN (registred nurse) or RPR ( registred practical nurse) program?

There are many good schools for nursing in Canada. It really depends on where you want to study and how much you want to spend.

Also, keep in mind that nursing program are really, really competitive. Many good schools ( such as Ryerson University ) require applicants to have an average of at least 85% if you are a Canadian high school grad. So you would need good secondary or post-secondary grades. Furthermore, some schools don't accept international students for RN programs because there are not enough seats for Canadians (e.g. Universities in BC).

If you want to start your studies this Fall, it may be to late. Lots of nursing programs are already full. If you want to start in January: most schools don't offer January intake for nursing...

Red_sakura

Dec 20, 2015
MedicStudent said:
Hey, are you looking for a RN (registred nurse) or RPR ( registred practical nurse) program?

There are many good schools for nursing in Canada. It really depends on where you want to study and how much you want to spend.

Also, keep in mind that nursing program are really, really competitive. Many good schools ( such as Ryerson University ) require applicants to have an average of at least 85% if you are a Canadian high school grad. So you would need good secondary or post-secondary grades. Furthermore, some schools don't accept international students for RN programs because there are not enough seats for Canadians (e.g. Universities in BC).

If you want to start your studies this Fall, it may be to late. Lots of nursing programs are already full. If you want to start in January: most schools don't offer January intake for nursing...
Appreciated for your reply, it is really valuable information. Currently, I am working as a RN in Asia so if I want to get Canadian RN certificate, Is there any option to study and graduate less than 4 years.

MedicStudent

Apr 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, there are but there are only for landed immigrants such as refugees, permanent residents or canadian citizens.

You can till challenge the registred nurse equivalency process and see if you diploma gets recognised. Each Province has their own registration process.

Jemro

Apr 25, 2016
If you are already an RN then you don't need to study all over again. Which province are you interested in? Contact the nursing association in that province.
Ontario: CNO
Alberta: CARNA
They'll ask you to send your transcripts, certificates and any other documents.
If you want to start all over again in a nursing program, they are no longer accepting applications now for fall entry. You can try applying for January intake but there aren't many who accept january intakes. I only know Macewan university in Alberta which does.

Good luck

Red_sakura

Dec 20, 2015
MedicStudent said:
Yes, there are but there are only for landed immigrants such as refugees, permanent residents or canadian citizens.

You can till challenge the registred nurse equivalency process and see if you diploma gets recognised. Each Province has their own registration process.
Thanks Medicstudent.

Red_sakura

Dec 20, 2015
Jemro said:
If you are already an RN then you don't need to study all over again. Which province are you interested in? Contact the nursing association in that province.
Ontario: CNO
Alberta: CARNA
They'll ask you to send your transcripts, certificates and any other documents.
If you want to start all over again in a nursing program, they are no longer accepting applications now for fall entry. You can try applying for January intake but there aren't many who accept january intakes. I only know Macewan university in Alberta which does.

Good luck
As per you mentioned above, I don't need study all over again so Do you know how long will it take to graduate RN license in Canada? Do I need to do education credential assessment ?

Thanks