Med passed- September 14, 2020
Proof of relationship request - October 26, 2020
Additional docs has been rev - December 7, 2020
SA - December 7, 2020
Eligibility Passed- December 7, 2020
Decision made- February 13, 2021

Uliot

Jan 28, 2021
Hello everyone :) I just wanted to let you know that as of today I am still waiting for my PR.

November 14, 2019 - application received by IRCC.
October 8, 2020 - Eligibility passed.
October 9, 2020 - Medical exam passed.

No updates since then. The delay in the decision is by 6 months already (or 7 months since the passing of eligibility and medical exam). IRCC replies generally, blaming Covid.

My Work Permit expires on May 20, 2021. I applied for a renewal yesterday (May 9, 2021). My kids' Visitors Records expire on June 26, 2021. I might have to renew their documents as well. IRCC delays one application, but is willing to take on 3 more.

Not thrilled about the additional costs and the additional time spent preparing the documents when I was promised to be considered within a year.

And to top that all, our (my children's and mine) health insurance (OHIP) expires with my Work Permit on May 20, 2021 and I am not sure I will be able to renew it.

Very sorry for all the negativity, but the situation is very tense at the moment. I feel like IRCC is making my family jump through the hoops.

Anyway, there has been no updates in this thread since April 24. Is anyone still waiting for their CoPR?

Rj saini

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
That's frustrating.. I have applied on 11 Dec 2019. And after Sponsor approval there is no update. Raised Webform, but they are only replying that delay is due to covid.. Applied for GCMS notes..but didn't helped much. Will apply for another GCMS..
Did you tried something to get information about your file. Any Webform, GCMS notes or calling your MP.?

ljtm

Feb 2, 2020
I have applied for Work permit extension also in June 2020. But there is no update on that as well..
Wow that's weird. I applied for the work permit extension in April 2021 and took less than a week to get the approval

Uliot

Jan 28, 2021
That's frustrating.. I have applied on 11 Dec 2019. And after Sponsor approval there is no update. Raised Webform, but they are only replying that delay is due to covid.. Applied for GCMS notes..but didn't helped much. Will apply for another GCMS..
Did you tried something to get information about your file. Any Webform, GCMS notes or calling your MP.?
Of those 3 things I have tried only the Webform. IRCC replied that the application is still in process, that they do not need any additional documents at the moment and that the disruption is caused by Covid. That was in February this year. I didn't bother them again since then.

Thanks for the ideas, though! I am definitely going to try to contact our MP next. :)

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021
Hello everyone :) I just wanted to let you know that as of today I am still waiting for my PR.

No updates since then. The delay in the decision is by 6 months already (or 7 months since the passing of eligibility and medical exam). IRCC replies generally, blaming Covid.

My Work Permit expires on May 20, 2021. I applied for a renewal yesterday (May 9, 2021). My kids' Visitors Records expire on June 26, 2021. I might have to renew their documents as well. IRCC delays one application, but is willing to take on 3 more.

Not thrilled about the additional costs and the additional time spent preparing the documents when I was promised to be considered within a year.

And to top that all, our (my children's and mine) health insurance (OHIP) expires with my Work Permit on May 20, 2021 and I am not sure I will be able to renew it.

Very sorry for all the negativity, but the situation is very tense at the moment. I feel like IRCC is making my family jump through the hoops.

Anyway, there has been no updates in this thread since April 24. Is anyone still waiting for their CoPR?

I got copr but can't renew my ship either cause of covid situation service canada doest renew health card. they told me it will be valid until covid situation is over

Silver Star

Apr 16, 2021

what is your processing office

Last edited:

silvetstone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Hey guys, my file was transferred to local in mid-March 2021. and we submitted passport info in Mid-Apr. I know it has been requested since Oct last year. we still miss a medical check from his bio son back home, but we can't get that anyway. my lawyers have explained twice for this. do you guys still wait for a decision like us? we will wait for an interview? or they will give me a pass.

Rj saini

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018

Hi uliot..
I just wanted to know did you got any update regarding your file..