+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-EE PNP but got a new job in another province before receiving PR

Fucoidan

Apr 3, 2024
Hi everyone,

I submitted my PR application through graduate PNP program last year. My current application status is still at background verification, but I received a new job offer from a different province. The new job starts in Sep and HR is trying to get a LMIA for me. Will the LMIA process affect my current PR processing? Do I have to either give up the job or give up on my current PR application? Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi everyone,

I submitted my PR application through graduate PNP program last year. My current application status is still at background verification, but I received a new job offer from a different province. The new job starts in Sep and HR is trying to get a LMIA for me. Will the LMIA process affect my current PR processing? Do I have to either give up the job or give up on my current PR application? Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!
You can’t move to another province if you gave PNP pr application in process. If you moved out , your nomination will be revoked and PR application will be refused. You are supposed to be stay in province until you get your PR.

Reactions: Taran D