+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC match torn between level A and B

SupaLiu

Oct 17, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am asking for help to everyone because I really can't decide a NOC code for my previous job. After graduating a 4 yr university in Literature, I worked in Communications Team at a large chemical company. I've only worked there for 7 months, and I am trying to add this experience to my current workplace which is in NOC 2282(level B) and have worked for 2 years so far.

The NOC codes that partially match my job duties are:
1211 Supervisors, general office and administrative support workers (level B)
1221 administrative officers(level B)
1241 administrative assistant(level B)
1123 Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations(level A)

The thing is, can I claim for level A NOC code without any prior professional/academic experience in the field? 1123 seems to require professional expertise in that field, but I was just assigned to Communications&PR team on the first day and fulfilled those tasks. If level A is not feasible, I will have to modify my job duties to fit the ones in level B the most. Please advise which one I should go with.

Here are my job duties:
-Assign and review the work of partner associates for creating monthly company newspapers
-Plan contents, design layouts, write manuscripts, and take photos for company newspaper
-Communicate and liaise with other departments on promotional strategies and contents, interview, photo shoot, and schedules
-Monitor the company’s visibility in media report to the leadership
-Plan and publish contents on the company’s Web sites and social network platforms
-Provide feedback on advertisement drafts targeting the public
-Assist producing video clips that deliver CEO’s message to employees
-Partake in conducting a corporate survey to identify employee satisfaction
-Conduct campaigns to inform and implement new corporate cultures to employees through means of newspapers, video clip, and mascot
-Assist in writing press release
-Oversee designing and manufacturing company’s official mascot dolls
-Assist in recruiting and interviewing process
-Supervise the process of making company newspapers in regards to work schedules, contents, design layouts, and deadlines
-Inform and educate the public institutes and internal employees on company’s official logo and identity policies
-Organize a filing system for official documents and maintain database and records
-Monitor and maintain office equipment and inventory supplies; order replacement supplies
-Plan and coordinate activities for multiple teams within Communications Department
-Report to the Headquarters regarding risk management of the company in media
-Manage, control, and record operating budgets for the department
-Negotiate production budget vis-à-vis contractors
-Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
-Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
-Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally with regards to the press and journalists in the business and chemical field
-Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
-May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities

Hope someone out there kind enough to look at it would reply back to me.

Thank you. Have a wonderful day!

Last edited: