+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC Confusion

Kogorashi

Nov 5, 2018
Hi Guys!

So i just got all the initial documents ready (IELTS test, ECA) and i am ready to apply for Express entry.

The issue i have is with the NOC codes and jobs list.

Being an expat in UAE, my employment states that my occupation is Customer Services Officer (due to the way my and similar jobs are grouped in UAE).

My job position was Customer Relations Manager, which by the name correspondents to "C" class NOC as Other customer and information services representatives. Although, all my responsibilities corresponded to "6314 Customer and information services supervisors", since I've been supervising other members of my department, preparing and sending out reports to director, working with supplier and clients contracts, negotiating with the suppliers and coordinating / instructing other departments. All of this can be confirmed by the employer in the employment reference letter without any issue.

Recently i was promoted to head of customer relations department, which technically didn't change my tasks, and was just a change in title.

So my question is, considering i will be able to confirm my duties with the letter, can i still apply as 6314 Customer and information services supervisors which is NOC B, or i am out due to the wording of the position in my employment visa?

Thanks a lot!