+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC 0213 vs 2174 - Experts please help !

OrangeCounty

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I had submitted my FSW application to Buffalo field office in March 2008 ( AOR'ed sometime in June 2008). Now with the new rules in place, I have a few clarifications. Request experts to share their opinion

• I used NOC code 2174 in my application, as per advice from law firm that hosts this site. My job title in the application is "Project Manager". All my job duties mentioned in the application closely match 0213. A majority of my experience in the last 10 years closely matches the job description of 0213
  • Should I update my file with NOC 213 and request CIC to make the correction ? Or wait until I hear from CIC
  • What are the chances that my application will be accepted "as is" without updating NOC to 213. Will the immigration officer review the job descriptions in my application and consider me under 0213, without any action from my side ?

Experts, please help !

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2009
OrangeCounty

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

OrangeCounty said:
Hello All,

I had submitted my FSW application to Buffalo field office in March 2008 ( AOR'ed sometime in June 2008). Now with the new rules in place, I have a few clarifications. Request experts to share their opinion

• I used NOC code 2174 in my application, as per advice from law firm that hosts this site. My job title in the application is "Project Manager". All my job duties mentioned in the application closely match 0213. A majority of my experience in the last 10 years closely matches the job description of 0213
  • Should I update my file with NOC 213 and request CIC to make the correction ? Or wait until I hear from CIC
  • What are the chances that my application will be accepted "as is" without updating NOC to 213. Will the immigration officer review the job descriptions in my application and consider me under 0213, without any action from my side ?

Experts, please help !

OrangeCounty
The chances are the reviewing officer will only look at your claimed NOC, s/he is not going to search to see if you can be slotted into 0123. Also it is not what your job title is, is the duties that you perform, as a manager you pretty well have to manage people as well as systems.

PMM

OrangeCounty

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank You PMM for your response. I guess the onus is on the applicant, to convince CIC officer about NOC in application.

OrangeCounty.

relycanada

Dec 21, 2008
OP6 and IG instructs visa officer to look for alternate occupations if applicant qualifies under different NOC.
Rely

PMM said:
Hi

OrangeCounty said:
Hello All,

Experts, please help !

OrangeCounty
The chances are the reviewing officer will only look at your claimed NOC, s/he is not going to search to see if you can be slotted into 0123. Also it is not what your job title is, is the duties that you perform, as a manager you pretty well have to manage people as well as systems.

PMM