+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No response since I handed in my biometrics

niko4326

Aug 10, 2023
Hi,
On May 4, I handed in my application for a work permit (from Germany) and my biometrics in on May 31st.
I haven't received a message since the appointment and the website still says "application in progress". The website also says that I submitted the biometrics, but strangely enough it says "fingerprints not received" further down.
The specified processing time has already been exceeded (normal processing time is about 6 weeks). I raised a webform a few days ago but still got no answer..

Does anyone know what I could do other than wait?

canada nature

Star Member
Sep 2, 2023
Hi,
On May 4, I handed in my application for a work permit (from Germany) and my biometrics in on May 31st.
I haven't received a message since the appointment and the website still says "application in progress". The website also says that I submitted the biometrics, but strangely enough it says "fingerprints not received" further down.
The specified processing time has already been exceeded (normal processing time is about 6 weeks). I raised a webform a few days ago but still got no answer..

Does anyone know what I could do other than wait?
what happened in the end? you got visa?

niko4326

Aug 10, 2023
what happened in the end? you got visa?
Yeah, I got my visa out of nothing on the 21 August. I haven't received any response from the IRCC until my visa was approved and i don't really know what caused this delay in processing my application. I can say that the system is not really the best. The GC account said that my fingerprints had not arrived, the fingerprint checker declared them valid and the tracker status said "Exemption", even though I am obliged to hand in my biometrics. So there is a lot of misinformation out there and when you try to find out about the problem by email or phone, you just get pre-programmed automatic replies that are useless.