+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Request, Biometrics now needed?

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
I just opened my profile (I've received AOR on June 1st for EE FSW Outland) and it seems there's a new section on Biometrics. Anyone got that?

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Yeah even i have seen that. Something new added after the maintenance work done.
Maybe they might ask applicants for biometrics later on.Just a thought though..

Faisal.Canada

Mar 4, 2016
I just opened my profile (I've received AOR on June 1st for EE FSW Outland) and it seems there's a new section on Biometrics. Anyone got that?
yes, same thing happened to my profile too. I thought it is an update, but it seemed more like a new section to me. Really anxious!!

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Another change I've noticed in CIC today is that my "Review of additional documents" now says "The additional document you provided are being reviewed".

Yesterday, it said "Not applicable".

Does it mean that something has finally changed in my application or is it the same for everybody, that after the system update, they just changed the sentence like they added new section about Biometrics? :) Thanks :)

Changes screens here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/60zqnhwov698itu/change.jpg?dl=0

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Another change I've noticed in CIC today is that my "Review of additional documents" now says "The additional document you provided are being reviewed".

Does it mean that something has finally changed in my application or is it the same for everybody, that after the system update, they just changed the sentence like they added new section about Biometrics? :) Thanks :)

The same change on additional documents with me. However, I don't thinkit means much because my medicals status didn't change. I might be wrong, but I'm assuming medicals will be among the first thing to change.

Reactions: Anford

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
The biometrics was introduced earlier this year for all non-immigrant visa categories for select countries, at the same time when Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) was introduced. This has now been extended to EE also, which would greatly decrease the BGC and other security checks time, making the process a little faster. However, it is still not sure if biometrics is for all applicants or only for some select countries. Usually to give biometrics, an applicant is asked to approach the LVO. In the next 2-3 days, after the IRCC website fully integrates with the changes made to EE will make the things more clear. Until then, stay calm.

Reactions: MoeD and stepover

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
The biometrics was introduced earlier this year for all non-immigrant visa categories for select countries, at the same time when Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) was introduced. This has now been extended to EE also, which would greatly decrease the BGC and other security checks time, making the process a little faster. However, it is still not sure if biometrics is for all applicants or only for some select countries. Usually to give biometrics, an applicant is asked to approach the LVO. In the next 2-3 days, after the IRCC website fully integrates with the changes made to EE will make the things more clear. Until then, stay calm.
Thank you @legalfalcon If this really ends up reducing the BGC time, then I sure hope they ask me for it! :)

anup_abc

Star Member
May 16, 2017
AOR Received.
31-01-2017

The same change on additional documents with me. However, I don't thinkit means much because my medicals status didn't change. I might be wrong, but I'm assuming medicals will be among the first thing to change.
Same thing happened to my status as well..... Additional document is being reviewed.... Medical passed long time back and BGC changed to IP on 19 May from Not applicable ......
Hope its not a matter of concern.....

ILoveBritishColumbia

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-4-2017
AOR Received.
28-4-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-4-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
I’ve gone through the list of countries on this page and it looks like these are the nationalities for which they are currently requesting biometrics when applying for a visitor visa, study permit, or work permit:

Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Bangladesh, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Eritrea, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Myanmar (Burma), Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestinian Authority, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Vietnam, Yemen​

So these might be the same nationalities that may get a request for biometrics as part of PR application.

Sherinsijo

Jun 3, 2017
New section of Biometric was added in my profile also. Further i have seen that name of the applicant and their dependents with unique identification number was also displayed just above the application status details.
Along with these changes my application status changed from we have received your application to we are processing your application.

What does it really mean? Any changes in my application progress ?

Jojii

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
NOC Code......
Can you please let us know how did you reach the conclusion that this step has a possibility of accelerating the security checks time? I don't doubt it as I think there is some truth to this, just for my information I would like to know the basis of this opinion.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Can you please let us know how did you reach the conclusion that this step has a possibility of accelerating the security checks time? I don't doubt it as I think there is some truth to this, just for my information I would like to know the basis of this opinion.
In the current system the BGC are done blind, as in databases are checked for names, last names, countries visited and it is a complex pattern. However, when the biometric information is available, the process becomes faster as the chances of cross check decreases with the finger prints and iris scan available.

To give you an example. An applicant with the name xxx yyy has applied for PR. There may be many applicants with the same name, born on the same date. When an applicants profile is run in the database it comes out with many scenarios and currently the CSIS will examine them all before giving a conclusive report. However, when the biometric data is available, this can be run and the searches can be much faster. Currently Canada shares information with many countries, Interpol and other agencies. They all work with the biometric data, thus the workload will decrease immensely. But, the biometric data is a two edged sword. Look at what NSA is doing in the US?

This is my hunch, based on my experience with the security agencies. CSIS will not publish any data or procedures.

Reactions: Jojii

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
New section of Biometric was added in my profile also. Further i have seen that name of the applicant and their dependents with unique identification number was also displayed just above the application status details.
Along with these changes my application status changed from we have received your application to we are processing your application.

What does it really mean? Any changes in my application progress ?
With the system changes, give it 2-3 days, before anything can be said. But any change on the profile, is a good news and a move ahead. Also to keep a track of the application, order GCMS.

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon,

I noticed in the new system that there's a section which shows the UCI. That section is empty for me, when is the UCI number generated?