+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW comers from USA to Canada in IT profession

riyarose

Star Member
Oct 24, 2010
Hi All,
I am a silent reader of this forums, Please don't think that I am giving any negative thoughts to any one. Again, I am writing just to share my thoughts and get some guidance if anyone can help me to come out from this depressions.
If you are from any country, you will LOVE Canada because whatever you will earn here it will be more in your home currency so :) WELCOME happily to CANADA.

Now people who are from USA, one BIG suggestion to them, please don't leave your h1b and job and come here, think about every possible step before you leave your job.
I am an IT profession as BA in USA on my H1b, as I got PR and my date was near,so I made final and unwanted decision on leaving the job and coming here and other reason was I got married one year back and my husband can get PR status too, so he can work in Canada. I thought of settling in Edmonton as I knew some Vendors. But, its two month and I have not got any interview calls, am thinking to go back to USA as my visa is valid till May 2015, but don't know what and how could I maintain this PR status and file citizenship in some other ways.
People here are asking me to work as day care, hotel receptionist to pay our bills, as they are right in their way but I am not able to downgrade myself. I have heard people do many things silently to save the PR and filling citizenship but am not aware about anything such that, and if someone knows please let me know. I am so depressed and worried, as compare to US, all expense are three times higher here. Please if someone could guide me or show me the way, then please do it, my thousand blessings to you in advance from saving.