+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need to find rented apartment in Waterloo area

gd

May 9, 2009
Hi guys,

I did my first landing in 2009 to Toronto and visited Vancouver as well. It was a dull time all over the world and finding a reasonable job was difficult. Luckily, I did not resign my previous job. I spent a few months and went back. My son applied to a Canadian university and received an offer. We will be coming back to Canada to enrol him this September. We plan to return for settlement towards the end of next year.

My son will be entering a univesity in Waterloo (approx 100 km from Toronto) and he will have university housing during the 1st year. From 2nd year he will have to find accomodation outside the university. I am planning to find a suitable house for rent towards August 2011 near to his university in Waterloo, so that he can live with the rest of my family who are planning to go to Canada to fulfil the PR requirements (730 days to be in Canada within the 5 years of PR validity for renewal of same)

Can you guys advise me whether this is a good plan? How good or bad is the Waterloo area for living for the first time immigrants?

Please also advise me how to go about looking for a rented house. (I am hoping to start looking for one during our visit next month itself) i.e. What's the best way to find? Newspaper classifieds, Real estate agents?

Regards

gd

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check the link below for rental listings in the waterloo area:

http://kitchener.en.craigslist.ca/apa/

I noticed a rental listing asking for $800 for a 2 bedroom apt in Waterloo on Jul 27. Hope this is helpful