NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd September
VISA ISSUED...
DENIED
Hi Guys,

I need your help/advice on my situation. I came to Montreal in January 2014 on a closed work permit working as a Research assistant at a university where I am still working. This year I also applied for a Study permit to attend a professional course which I am attend every during the weekends. Hence my present status is of both a full time worker and a full time student. I wished to apply for my CSQ in Quebec (through PEQ) as a full time worker. Would me also being a full time student create any problem for me?

I would really appreciate your help on this.

Thank you.

Jacques_Leo

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
24-07-2015
Passport Req..
20-01-2016
helpless_guy said:
Hi Guys,

I need your help/advice on my situation. I came to Montreal in January 2014 on a closed work permit working as a Research assistant at a university where I am still working. This year I also applied for a Study permit to attend a professional course which I am attend every during the weekends. Hence my present status is of both a full time worker and a full time student. I wished to apply for my CSQ in Quebec (through PEQ) as a full time worker. Would me also being a full time student create any problem for me?

I would really appreciate your help on this.

Thank you.
The CSQ application is part of a process of permanent immigration as a skilled worker. The CSQ was issued to you based specifically on your capacity and your intention to enter the Québec labour market upon completion of your study program. This assumes therefore that you will not start new full-time studies in the immediate future.

https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-quebec/after-csq.html

helpless_guy

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Montreal Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd September
VISA ISSUED...
DENIED
Hello Jacques,

Thank you for your reply.

However I wished to inform you that I have not yet received my CSQ yet.

I am planning to apply for CSQ under the skilled worker program since I have a valid work permit and work in skilled professional domain accepted by Quebec. The only part is I also wished to study an additional course during the weekends for which I got my study permit. Hence currently I have both a work permit (valid till January 2016) and a study permit (valid till January 2017). I have been working full-time monday-friday and i am taking a vocational course every saturday and sunday.

I called CIC and they said I can keep both my work permit and study permit and do both work as well as study; as long as I am able to fulfill both the requirements. I am also trying to seek help from a lawyer on this to know if having a student permit would cause any problem.