+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help with applying for visitor record (form IMM 5708)

B05SxBrennan

Mar 8, 2022
My wife is staying with me as a temporary resident. We want to apply for her PR and Open Work Permit via an inland sponsorship, but we also want to get her a visitor record to help ensure she doesn’t fall out of status if the PR application is returned for some reason. We've been filling out the form IMM5708 for this but there's a couple unclear sections, even after checking the official guide for the form.

Page 3 of 5

COMING INTO CANADA

[ Question 4 - If applicable, provide the document number of the most recent Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit or Temporary Resident Permit issued to you. ]

My wife has an eTA and has had her passport stamped at the border any time she has entered Canada; Otherwise, we haven’t applied for any prior permits. I’m guessing this field should be left blank?

[ Question 4 - Name, address and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit ]

Does this include me and other people in our household? We are staying with my parents at the moment, and my sister & infant nephew may be moving into the household temporarily. Will my wife have to fill out the information for all these people?

Page 4 of 5

BACKGROUND INFORMATION

[ Question 2c - Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada? ]
I’m not sure which box she should check. As I said, my wife has an eTA and has had her passport stamped by CBSA. We're not sure if any of that counts as applying to enter Canada in this context.