+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help... Open work permit

pckonek

Jan 10, 2012
Good day, I'm a Filipino citizen holding a open work permit under spousal sponsorship, my wife and I is facing a difficult problem now, I been charge by domestic violence assault against my wife and she forgive me and she want to withdraw the case but the policemen or the prosecutor don't want to withdraw it, my wife consult to a immigration and family lawyer and the advice of the lawyer is to divorce because she is afraid that my case may affect the application for permanent residence.. Our kids are still in the phillipines which have also a visa.. for now it's very difficult on my side I,m afraid that my wife and my 2 kids will granted for permanent residence and I might deported to the Philippines because I can't renew my permit without the sponsorship of my wife and I might lost my 3 jobs.. 5 blocks radius away from my wife is easy to accept but thousand miles away from my kids it's hard to accept.. Is there a way that I can apply for permanent residence too alone by myself, if my wife and kids are here after they granted permanent residence what future will wait for me in Philippines.. I hope someone can help me regarding my situation... Thank you and God bless..

lias

Aug 15, 2012
If you've been charged in Canada and had criminal record that would be affect you get PR. I am not sure if it wouold affect your wife or not... probably...because I used to go to the goverment webside to check this kind of information they tell us if our application is failed that would cause by family number who had criminal record or your ducuments information something wrong did not meet their requirement.
You are holding open work permit now means you are legal to working in Canada. Even you can apply for PR by yourself after (just pretending) divorce with your wife, but the criminal record is a bad thing for any kind applications for PR in Canada.
For now you can't do anything about that. Because the application already submited and your record is there for truth. If your record was from back home then maybe you can offer after the bad record till now of the good record. And write a letter yourself with police certificate and your ducument together to the proccssing center. Just for a try...you know. Because nobody gonna tell you what to do about this situation. And the officer would not tell you how to sovle the problem, they just working on paper work and certificat. If you are not meet the requirement for PR. You will be refused.

Gina635

Apr 18, 2013
Need help,

My husband and I we're gonna divorce soon, so I have a question; what is gonna happen to my open work permit since I'm depended on his student visa. Btw. he's the principal aplicant.
The expiration date on my work permit is 2015. I will still be able to work even if I'm getting divorced!

Please I need a very urgent answer!!

Thank you