+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help: Applying from study permit from Bangladesh

Hasan2015

Star Member
Dec 19, 2015
Hi,

I have specific problem regarding my funding situation. I have received an offer from UBC for master's degree and my supervisor has sent me a signed letter stating that a total of $19,000/year (tuition fee is $8,108) will be provided to me in the form of a combination of TA-ship, RA-ship and fellowship if I do not hold major scholarship. It would be a big help if you could help me with the following queries:

1. Can I use the letter as a form of financial support? If yes, do I need to show more money in my bank account? (I know more support would make it easier but I want to know if this letter is ok)

2. If I need to show bank account statement, then for how long the money should be there? If I transfer money from other accounts and my relatives wants to give money in my account to support my study, do I need to provide any form of supporting document?

3. I did not find any option if I need to provide police certificate and medical test in the CIC website while uploading documents for study permit. Are they necessary if the office do not ask for them?

Thanks from beforehand

Hasan

MiltonDU

Aug 22, 2015
Hi Hasan,

Hav u completed your procedure? How long it took to get visa after submitting ur documents to VFS? I am in the same situation like u. I will submit my documents to VFS next month. So, I need to know the timing of Student visa from Singapore office.

Waiting to hear from you.

Hasan2015

Star Member
Dec 19, 2015
MiltonDU said:
Hi Hasan,

Hav u completed your procedure? How long it took to get visa after submitting ur documents to VFS? I am in the same situation like u. I will submit my documents to VFS next month. So, I need to know the timing of Student visa from Singapore office.

Waiting to hear from you.
Hi,

I have applied for September 2016 intake and I applied for study permit on May 26, 2016. Here are the details of the application process, hope this may help your query.

1. Processing time depends on country and which time you are going to apply. Check this link for your approx processing time: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/
It was 8 weeks at the time I applied.

2. I have submitted online application on May 26. Biometrics on May 29. Application reached at Singapore office on May 31. Medical was up-front. Medical passed on June 06. Then I received few emails from CIC but no significant change was made. I received passport submission mail on July 21. I am going to submit passport tomorrow (July 24). Usually it takes 10 days to get the passport back.

Hope this helps. I would suggest, submit as soon as possible you get your all appropriate documents. Many didn't receive any answer even after the usual processing time.