+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help about getting a student visa

turbojetz

Jul 29, 2008
Hello I am planning to study in canada, I want to get some tips or suggestion to be succesful in obtaining a student visa. I will be taking a certificate course which is related to my undergrad course and is offered only in one institution in our country which doesnt have a good program. I have worked for 2 years in my field but i am currently working at a different field for 2 years as well. I am planning to get back to my own field and quit my job now which is not related to my field of study. I can produce documents that I can support myself financially. I want to know how strong my case is in getting a student visa and what more do i need to submit to convince them that i am coming back after my study. Any experience, suggestion or tips would be greatly helpful especially to those who have succesfully obtained a student visa thanks!!

mariogarza

May 13, 2008
Hello,

You won't know it for sure until you apply.

My suggestions are
1. Don't quit your job until you have a positive answer from the embassy
2. Apply to the university or school you want, and once you have the acceptance letter apply for a student visa.
3. You may also write a personal letter explaining why you want to study at Canada and what are your plans for when you finish

Good Luck

AngieB

Aug 12, 2013
Hey,

I think you do have a strong case.
But I also agree with what was said before.
So in order to qualify for a study permit for Canada you'll have to:
1. Be accepted into the program you are wishing to take and show proof of this
2. Provide proof that you will be able to afford the tuition. Some programs in Canada can be very expensive. so although you have been working for a couple year, saving money, you'll want to make sure that you have the funds. So find out what the tuition will cost.
3. You might also have to undergo a medical exam

The good thing about the study visa is that it allows you to work as well, however there are guidelines to follow with what kind of jobs you can have.

Anyways! I hope it all works out!