+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need an urgent clarification

parmsingh2377

May 16, 2017
Dear all,
My express entry profile recently expired and I am in the process of creating another one. I need your guidance on one question. This is under "Immigration history and citizenships" and is as below:

"Has xxxxx applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?"

Should I put Yes or No to this question. I do not mind saying Yes and adding the Express Entry file number or UCI, however, I want to answer this so that it does not affect my future prospects of getting a nomination or ITA.

Glad if any one can help answer this question at the earliest possible.

Thank you everyone in advance!

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Put in whatever the TRUTH is. Never lie to Immigration or the CBSA, (or anyone else!). They will find it and hit you with, "misrepresentation" and a minimum five year ban. It is just not worth it. Good luck parmsingh2377; read what I have written over again and if you are tempted remember Nancy Reagan's perdurable, "just say NO!". ;):)

Last edited:

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Dear all,
My express entry profile recently expired and I am in the process of creating another one. I need your guidance on one question. This is under "Immigration history and citizenships" and is as below:

Should I put Yes or No to this question. I do not mind saying Yes and adding the Express Entry file number or UCI, however, I want to answer this so that it does not affect my future prospects of getting a nomination or ITA.

If your only history with IRCC is your previous Express Entry application in the pool - then your answer should be 'NO'.

Just for your information, to answer 'Yes', IRCC should have issued an ITA to you, accepted your previous Express Entry application with an 'Acknowledgement of Receipt' (AOR) or you would have to have previously applied for any category of visas or permits (Study/ Work) to Canada.
In these cases, you would have a UCI number assigned - which apparently you do not have.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear all,

Creating a profile is not applying. So if your have never applied before to IRCC, and your question is whether creating a profile amounts to applying, then the answer is NO.

You only apply when you file a complete application along with the fee. If you never filed your application, your answer should be no.