+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need an answer about my PR card Validity ..pls help me

Suds

Oct 30, 2009
Hi Guys,

Need your help .I got Canada PR card in 2006 and my card is valid till 2012 Jan, So far I have not stayed more than a single day in Canada becos of my Job at USA. When I first got my PR Visa on my passport in 2006, I went to Canada by Road and applied for the PR card, SIN and Bank account on the same day and returned to USA on the next day.I had given my friend address for the immigration people to send the PR card, SIN, etc. My friend recieved the PR card, SIN etc and posted me when he is back to USA.I have all of them with me from 2007 onwards. MY card is valid till 2012 Jan. I was in USA till last year and this year I moved to India. Now i am planning to come CANADA. Below are my questions:

1. At port of entry, Will officer ask me why i was not in canada for 3 years continously..
I prepared to say, I couldnt move from USA becos of my JOB, and since still i have left with 2 years , i will stay this 2 years continously and make use of the PR card and get it renewaled

2. How did you got you PR card when u r not in canada?
Dont know what to say...

3. Will they enter me to canada??ANy other questions could be asked??

Please help me guys

ImmEnforce

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
1. Probably. Don't prepare...you should already know the truth. They are good at catching lie's
2. The truth sounds like a possibity
3. You will be let into Canada reguardless of any enforcement action. Depending on your actual number of days outside Canada it may be imposible for you to complete your 2 out of 5.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If you come by the end of this year and never leave till the end of 2011 then you would have completed your two years.

Suds

Oct 30, 2009
Thanks guys. I understand that if i stay 2 years continously i am fine to get PR card renewal, But my question is will they allow me inside?? My friend who is in Canada bought me the PR Card to USA and then posted me . As per Canada immigration records , i moved the very next day by Car to USA, ofcourse they might ask me how did you got your PR card in your hand rite? So i am requesting you to let me know what should i say? If they dont ask me anything , i am very fine. By any chance if they ask me ?

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you will be OK. It's worth making the trip. Let us know how it goes.