+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advise on course selection.

Manpreet0103

Dec 31, 2016
i have completed b.tech in mechanical engineering. i want to confirm that is business management(1 year pg program) relavant to mechanical engineering?
can i get good visa success rate on this program ?

Reactions: elusiveadarsh

elusiveadarsh

Aug 10, 2017
i have completed b.tech in mechanical engineering. i want to confirm that is business management(1 year pg program) relavant to mechanical engineering?
can i get good visa success rate on this program ?
Me too from Mechanical Engineering. I was suggested from IDP counselors to go for Project Management instead of IBM since PM has got relevance to the technical background. Also, in Canada education system students are not expected to switch fields, unlike the USA. Eventually, you will be a mechanical engineer with management skills.

gurjit khatkar

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
I did 12th from CBSE this year in non medical stream (PCM) with 94.4% percentage . I got 7.5 in IELTS. I have offer letter of computer information systems diploma from university of fraser valley (under spp). for January 2018 .Should i change it to bachelor in computer information systems ?(First two years of degree= diploma). I am asking this as i have heard that 12th grade passouts opting for diploma are getting refusals

elusiveadarsh

Aug 10, 2017
I did 12th from CBSE this year in non medical stream (PCM) with 94.4% percentage . I got 7.5 in IELTS. I have offer letter of computer information systems diploma from university of fraser valley (under spp). for January 2018 .Should i change it to bachelor in computer information systems ?(First two years of degree= diploma). I am asking this as i have heard that 12th grade passouts opting for diploma are getting refusals
I don't think the reason for visa rejection would be going for diploma after 12th. I would suggest you to have word with counselors since they are always on the watch for visa approvals and rejections. I got counseled by IDP. I personally think going for Bachelors would be a better option if there is no financial problem. Still, I would suggest just have a word with few counselors. Going for computer science after 12th is totally fine.

gurjit khatkar

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
TE="elusiveadarsh, post: 6291204, member: 690976"]I don't think the reason for visa rejection would be going for diploma after 12th. I would suggest you to have word with counselors since they are always on the watch for visa approvals and rejections. I got counseled by IDP. I personally think going for Bachelors would be a better option if there is no financial problem. Still, I would suggest just have a word with few counselors. Going for computer science after 12th is totally fine.[/QUOTE]
I don't think the reason for visa rejection would be going for diploma after 12th. I would suggest you to have word with counselors since they are always on the watch for visa approvals and rejections. I got counseled by IDP. I personally think going for Bachelors would be a better option if there is no financial problem. Still, I would suggest just have a word with few counselors. Going for computer science after 12th is totally fine.
Yes , computer science must be relevant as i had maths in 12th. I have heard that taking diploma reduces chances of visa approval ..is bachelors good option assuming there is no financial problem?

elusiveadarsh

Aug 10, 2017
TE="elusiveadarsh, post: 6291204, member: 690976"]I don't think the reason for visa rejection would be going for diploma after 12th. I would suggest you to have word with counselors since they are always on the watch for visa approvals and rejections. I got counseled by IDP. I personally think going for Bachelors would be a better option if there is no financial problem. Still, I would suggest just have a word with few counselors. Going for computer science after 12th is totally fine.
Yes , computer science must be relevant as i had maths in 12th. I have heard that taking diploma reduces chances of visa approval ..is bachelors good option assuming there is no financial problem?[/QUOTE]

Bachelors is definitely a better option.

gurjit khatkar

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Yes , computer science must be relevant as i had maths in 12th. I have heard that taking diploma reduces chances of visa approval ..is bachelors good option assuming there is no financial problem?
Hmm .then i should change it asap
Bachelors is definitely a better option.[/QUOTE]

Manpreet0103

Dec 31, 2016
applied jan2018 intake at fanshawe college for 1 year pg certificate program.(practical elements of mech engg)
10th-8.2 cgpa
12th-65%
B.tech(mech engg)-67%
Ielts Overall-6.5 L-7 R-6.5 S-6 W-5.5
what are the chances of getting visa ?