+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advice Regarding work Permit & Entering In Canada.

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,
few months ago i got my work permit visa for 2 yrs. Through arranged job offer & with the help of representive .

On the visa it says ; worker , W-1, multiple entries , name & validity.
What it does`nt say ; employer name , profession.

Now due to some reason the employer doesent want me to come to canada earlier than next year.
Do to financial reason i need to start to work .

So here is my question.
can i enter in canada & find another employer ? Or find A employer who can get me a positive LMO & enter in canada with this work permit ?
Also could i enter in any other provience or has to be the same provience from where the job offer was ?
What is gone be my sitution in the immigration regarding the job offer ?
Can i apply for my Sowp for my wife ?
Could in the future i will be eligabe for permenant residence ?

Any response or Guidence is appriciated.
Thanking in advance.

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajay93 said:
Dear Friends,
few months ago i got my work permit visa for 2 yrs. Through arranged job offer & with the help of representive .

On the visa it says ; worker , W-1, multiple entries , name & validity.
What it does`nt say ; employer name , profession.

Now due to some reason the employer doesent want me to come to canada earlier than next year.
Do to financial reason i need to start to work .

So here is my question.
can i enter in canada & find another employer ? Or find A employer who can get me a positive LMO & enter in canada with this work permit ?
Also could i enter in any other provience or has to be the same provience from where the job offer was ?
What is gone be my sitution in the immigration regarding the job offer ?
Can i apply for my Sowp for my wife ?
Could in the future i will be eligabe for permenant residence ?

Any response or Guidence is appriciated.
Thanking in advance.
Any body has no answer ?

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
Your VISA will never say anything about employer or location, but, when you land in Canada, at the port of entry, you will be issued a work permit which will have your employer name and the location you can work.

As long as your employer has not canceled the job offer and intimated that to HRSDC, you will be able to get a WP, but, you cannot work legally for anybody else.

You will have to get a SOWP and have your spouse work for an employer to take care of the financial needs.

Good luck.

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BigBee said:
Your VISA will never say anything about employer or location, but, when you land in Canada, at the port of entry, you will be issued a work permit which will have your employer name and the location you can work.

As long as your employer has not canceled the job offer and intimated that to HRSDC, you will be able to get a WP, but, you cannot work legally for anybody else.

You will have to get a SOWP and have your spouse work for an employer to take care of the financial needs.

Good luck.
Hi BIg Bee ,thanks for the advice .I think its much better to wait for my present employer to call me back .Then the things will be simpler & less complicated. ;)

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
Hi Ajay,

ajay93 said:
Hi BIg Bee ,thanks for the advice .I think its much better to wait for my present employer to call me back .Then the things will be simpler & less complicated. ;)
Wise choice.... :)