+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advice on Employment Reference Letter for PR Application

drsamu

Dec 10, 2020
I have a question regarding the employment reference letter. A few months ago, I applied for the CEC Express Entry program, but my application was rejected because my boss refused to provide me with a reference letter. I had left that job on bad terms, so he simply ignored my request. All I could submit were paystubs and an explanation letter stating my inability to obtain the reference.

Recently, I reapplied and received an Invitation to Apply (ITA). This time, I supplemented my application with:

• A notarized reference letter from a colleague still employed detailing my duties, hours, along with their ID, paychecks, and T4.
  • Another similar reference letter from a former colleague, along with one of their paystub.
  • My last four paystubs, T4, notice of assessment, and a letter explaining the absence of my employer's letter.
Will these documents suffice? Has anyone successfully applied with only a colleague's reference letter and been approved? I’m so worried that my application will be refused again