+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NBI: "No criminal Record" explanation

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
mikah said:
Has anybody had this case before?
Probably a case had been filed before and either the case was dropped or you won the case. In any case you need an explanation from NBI about the case. I think NBI requires a request from CIC before they issue an explanation.

mikah

Jan 29, 2010
Yup that's what happened. My dad filed his taxes incorrectly in the late 70's and it was only the in the 80's when he was given a subpoena. He paid his taxes, case closed. The problem is, when they went to the NBI recently, there's no record/information so they cannot provide any explanation....yet his NBI clearance states "No Criminal Record". I wonder how can that be? :(

job_seeker said:
Probably a case had been filed before and either the case was dropped or you won the case. In any case you need an explanation from NBI about the case. I think NBI requires a request from CIC before they issue an explanation.

rcresencio

Feb 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2008
Med's Request
15-02-2011
Med's Done....
15-02-2010/17-02-2011
Passport Req..
07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2011
I think this case didn't go up in court thats why "no criminal record" was stated in his nbi cleareance.

mikah

Jan 29, 2010
The CDN embassy in Manila is requesting for an explanation for the "no criminal record" remark. From what I've read, there's no questions asked if your NBI states "No record on file". Our problem right now is there is no case/file number associated with the "NCR" remark on my dad's NBI. How can the NBI explain something they have no record of? We'll do a follow-up next week. Hopefully there are more answers than questions.

rcresencio said:
I think this case didn't go up in court thats why "no criminal record" was stated in his nbi cleareance.

foradlai

May 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
11-19-2008
Nomination.....
04-26-2010
AOR Received.
07-12-2010
Med's Request
01-20-2011
Med's Done....
02-03-2011
Passport Req..
06-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2011
LANDED..........
11-09-2011
mikah said:
The CDN embassy in Manila is requesting for an explanation for the "no criminal record" remark. From what I've read, there's no questions asked if your NBI states "No record on file". Our problem right now is there is no case/file number associated with the "NCR" remark on my dad's NBI. How can the NBI explain something they have no record of? We'll do a follow-up next week. Hopefully there are more answers than questions.
hello mikah, please update me on the outcome. my cousin has almost a similar case with your dad`s. he is yet to settle the case before he`ll get NBI clearance. I just hope that won`t hinder the approval of his ummigration application.

BTW, under what category your dad is applying? as federal skilled worker or provincial nominee? TIA.

mikah

Jan 29, 2010
I sponsored my parents so they are in family class-parents/grandparents group. What NBI did was do a manual check on their files and found my dad's record way back in the 80's (case closed). My dad provided a written explanation in detail regarding the incident (BIR-related) and submitted the documents to the embassy. We are back on the waiting game. With God's grace and mercy, I do hope and pray all of this will end with a positive outcome.

foradlai said:
hello mikah, please update me on the outcome. my cousin has almost a similar case with your dad`s. he is yet to settle the case before he`ll get NBI clearance. I just hope that won`t hinder the approval of his ummigration application.

BTW, under what category your dad is applying? as federal skilled worker or provincial nominee? TIA.

foradlai

May 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
11-19-2008
Nomination.....
04-26-2010
AOR Received.
07-12-2010
Med's Request
01-20-2011
Med's Done....
02-03-2011
Passport Req..
06-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2011
LANDED..........
11-09-2011
hi mikah. thanks for answering. hope your dad`s case with the NBI will be settled smoothly. please update me on the outcome.. Godbless!

loreyn84

Nov 18, 2009
Pasig City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikah said:
hi mikah,

same here, but for me the canadian embassy asking me to get a NBI written explanation, and my own explanation of the circumstances surrounding the case, and all court docments relating to the case......how many days tooks you to get the NBI written explanation...can you get it on the same day or you have to wait for another week or so....because Canadian embassy manila gives me 45 days to comply....and i am worried coz you know the processing of documents in the government offices it really takes a while before you get it....please...

casey31

Nov 4, 2010
Hi,

How is your application going? I think we have more or less scenario. I have received same letter from the embassy. Until now, no response yet from the embassy.

POT

Jan 16, 2011
hi mikah i would like to know how long did you wait for the result. i also received the same requirements, i wanted to have an idea...tnx po...

Mackjackie

Aug 7, 2013
If a person had been arrested and he is facing a trial, he must have an effective and knowledgeable criminal defense lawyer at his back. During those instances that you are subject to a criminal case, you must be aware of your rights and all the necessary details that are related to the case. Now, if the person faces a criminal case, the first thing that he need to do is to get a defense attorney for your defense and in order for you to have a person who can answer all of your questions.
security service

Loops30

May 11, 2017
I sponsored my parents so they are in family class-parents/grandparents group. What NBI did was do a manual check on their files and found my dad's record way back in the 80's (case closed). My dad provided a written explanation in detail regarding the incident (BIR-related) and submitted the documents to the embassy. We are back on the waiting game. With God's grace and mercy, I do hope and pray all of this will end with a positive outcome.
Hi mikah inquiry about the Nbi case was the applicant already in Canada as of now?thank you

wlcwlc

May 31, 2018
Any update on this case?

Sa mga nakakuha na ng NBI Letter of Explanation, pag nagpunta ng NBI Main office at nag request ka, (1) alam na ba nila agad kung ano itong letter of explanation or kelangan mo pa explain sa kanila kung para saan at ano ang content? (2) saan section ng NBI clearance ako lalapit para humingi nito? (3) kung dati kang na charge at dismissed yung case, ano ang nakalagay sa letter of explanation?

Salamat

Marijet

Jul 9, 2017
Any update on this case?

Sa mga nakakuha na ng NBI Letter of Explanation, pag nagpunta ng NBI Main office at nag request ka, (1) alam na ba nila agad kung ano itong letter of explanation or kelangan mo pa explain sa kanila kung para saan at ano ang content? (2) saan section ng NBI clearance ako lalapit para humingi nito? (3) kung dati kang na charge at dismissed yung case, ano ang nakalagay sa letter of explanation?

Salamat

hi! dis you got your explanation letter already? i went there last week and i got the certification but the only problem is they didn’t write down the date of the case was filed . is it the same as yours?