+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nairobi applicants of 2006 onwards..anyone received request for updated docs

simplesimon

Star Member
Jul 10, 2009
Guys this is too depressing,

Can you share your timelines so that we can know what the average waiting time is

Tx very much

nalan

Nov 26, 2008
Hi, Recd AOR on 5th Feb 2009 and no have not applied for CAIPS.. i do not see any point in applying for CAIPS now as applications of 2006 are still pending.. planning to wait for another few more months and then do it... its really depressing but for a better future i guess we will have to keep the faith and lots and lots of patience...

nalan

Nov 26, 2008
This is what the letter recd in Feb stated:

This refers to your below inquiry regarding this application for permanent residence in Canada.
This application was received in our office in 2007 .The file has not yet been preliminarily reviewed. When the file comes up for a review, if all information required for an assessment is not in the file, we will send a request for additional information. If the application is complete and it is decided that an interview is not required, we will send medical instructions. If an interview is required to make a determination, we will send a notification to that effect.
You may also wish to note that this file is proceeding within the most recent processing times indicated in our website at www.kenya.gc.ca. However, with unforeseen changes in our volume of applications, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to definitively process an application within the times indicated.
I trust this information will assist you in responding to your constituent.

I really do not know what to make out from this letter.. not timeline given nothing ...sigh

jenny999

Star Member
Mar 18, 2009
Nalan should I write to them asking about what is happening? I applied Nov 06. I think it was one of the first months after they introduced the SAP.

nalan

Nov 26, 2008
Hi Jenny999, actually its my lawyer who wrote to them ( i have applied thru a lawyer ) .. no harm in writing to them as anyway most of the time they do not even acknowledge.. this is just my opinion and i would suggest you ask senior members for their advise on this forum.

rhino2008

Star Member
Dec 4, 2008
Jenny999,

U just write to them in the hope that they'll some how see it and write back to you. Like Nalan said, most of the time these guys dont even look at it. very annoying. i just dont get it. its the only CHC in the world that care less to answer any file inquiries. i mean, Buffalo and Seattle office handle huge amount of files but if you write to them, be sure you'll be answered in two to three days. they never miss and they stand by their words. i guess their receptionists are far friendlier than what is in CHC Nairobi.

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
jenny YES please do write to them. And again at the bottom say hopping to hear from you soon. Then give them a certain period which you think is convenient for them to recap, then follow up to the letter the letter you wrote to them by attaching a fresh letter again and inform them you have attached a previous letter. I know the nrb cic they are working and they have a back log but just as to be professionals i always dont leave any fax, email, or letter i receive undone. Its my duty to give a response otherwise i will land myself in problems at work. The same with cic.

Good luck all you people. I know many people applied long long ago even before me, but cic might have thought they never were not in hurry. For my case, when they requested additional documents. I sent the ones i could aford to send, and kept on updating them, so i think it makes worker understand your case better when in doubt.

jenny999

Star Member
Mar 18, 2009
Lynn this wait is almost unbeleiveable. I have not heard a thing yet. So much for the brought forward date which was 3rd Oct 09. I was hoping for something atleast after that but I guess the bf date means nothing at the NAIROBI office. No surprises there considering it is one of the slowest offices in the world.

lizcha

Nov 20, 2009
me and my husband applied april 2007,no response yet,hope the canadian dollar wun't increase marginally,dont thro'in tha towel coz things happen when yu are almost luzin hope.

Lynn

Sep 2, 2008
Any news anyone? Should we wait for the 45 months before being able to write to them?

Anyone who wrote and received an answer?

cca

Nov 16, 2008
When will this waiting end? What is making them take long with the old applicants while the new applicants get their visas within six months. Why cant they finish with the backlog first it seems nairobi is getting worse by the day.

simplesimon

Star Member
Jul 10, 2009
Hi guys - any updates on Nairobi applications ?

I sent my full set of docs to CHC on 15th Dec , got an AOR on 26th Jan - which said if i don't hear from them in one year's time I should contact them !!!

Please share any info

tx

mwan

Star Member
Jul 30, 2006
Hi,
The last time there was a post in this thread was so long ago- I am afraid the Nairobi 2006+ applicants lost heart??? I am wondering if anyone who applied in Nairobi in 2006 is still waiting? I applied Oct 2006 and have heard nothing other than acknowledgements over the years when I have written to that slow-poke office to let them know I have moved, upgraded my education etc. In fact I think when I first applied I had a score of 79 but 5 years later my score is probably over 100% lol! Sometimes I even suspect they tossed our files and are wondering how to break the news to us. Anyways, if there is any Nairobi people waiting since 2006/pre-simplified application please share how your wait is going.