+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nafta work permit and ARC

mabreul

May 12, 2008
Hello

I have a bachelor degree in computer science, at least 2 years of continuous experience in computers, designing software, my English is good, I am 39 years-old, my wife also has a bachelor degree in computer science, we both have worked for 3 years in Canada and we have a two-year-old baby born in Canada and we have this situation:

In 2002 my wife and I flew to Toronto and we requested refugee status, in 2004 our refugee application was denied, the same year I sent my skilled worker application to Canadian embassy in Mexico city. In 2005 my baby was born in Toronto, in 2006 we received the PRRA application we filled it out and we sent it back, it was denied the same year, so we went back to Mexico. Once in Mexico we continued with our skilled worker application and we also requested the authority to return to Canada. The ARC was denied December 20, 2007. In this moment I am in the United States with TN for 1 year, it was granted 2 weeks ago. However I have a job offer as computer system analyst from a company in Canada. We are wondering if could assist us with a couple of questions:

Can I apply again for a work permit under nafta and again for ARC at the Canadian Consulate in Buffalo? Do I request both, the work permit and the ARC at the same? And Do you I could get an answer the same day? What do you suggest?

Best Regards
Manuel