+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My PR card will expire soon

mombee

Dec 22, 2013
My PRO is over 3 years now. I've separated. While I went to my home country with kids, my soon to be ex got a court order which is I am kidnapper. Somehow, I didn't have a chance to response to his claim for court order and didn't receive any notice for 2 years. I hired lawyers. They said " do not go back till issues will be resolved". My ex's lawyer will take a few months to response every time. So, it is barely move forward. It is just taking a time and I lost my PRO. My immigration card will expire on Jan.2015. I've told him and lawyers about this. I think his aim is I loose my immigration status and keep all assets. Anyway, I don't think things will be resolved within 3 months.
What should I do after my immigration card expire? Is any way I keep/have my Permanet residence status?
I would really appreciate your advise.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
You will still be PR. The issue is if you try to return to Canada, CIC may decide report you for being away too long. Or they may decide to let you in anyway. If that happens then you can just stay in Canada for 2 years and then apply for PR card again. If they report you, they may try to take away your PR but you can appeal on humanitarian grounds. I am not an expert but I think you have a good chance to win an appeal because of your legal issues back in your home country... as long as you win your case back home. If you don't and are considered kidnapper and CIC sees this, then that will be very bad. So concentrate on winning your case back home first. Your lawyer is correct about this.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
mombee said:
My PRO is over 3 years now. I've separated. While I went to my home country with kids, my soon to be ex got a court order which is I am kidnapper. Somehow, I didn't have a chance to response to his claim for court order and didn't receive any notice for 2 years. I hired lawyers. They said " do not go back till issues will be resolved". My ex's lawyer will take a few months to response every time. So, it is barely move forward. It is just taking a time and I lost my PRO. My immigration card will expire on Jan.2015. I've told him and lawyers about this. I think his aim is I loose my immigration status and keep all assets. Anyway, I don't think things will be resolved within 3 months.
What should I do after my immigration card expire? Is any way I keep/have my Permanet residence status?
I would really appreciate your advise.
If your card expires, you will probably need to apply for a PRTD from the Canadian Embassy in your area, unless you are visa-exempt to Canada. Convincing them to issue it might prove to be difficult however if you don't meet the Residency Obligation requirements.

However, if you have been accused of "kidnapping" because you removed children from Canada without your husband's consent, you have much more serious issues to worry about than your immigration status. It's possible that you could be arrested the moment that you enter Canada. Therefore, I suggest that you follow your lawyers advice and not worry about your PR status.

mombee

Dec 22, 2013
Thank you for your play.

I will add my situation.
He agreed and signed the travel documents I take kids to my home country to visit my family. However, while we were away, a relationship don't work anymore and we decided to separate and divorce. Behind my back, he withdrewd a joint account, take a court order,etc. I expect he is waiting to my PR status is over and take all assets.

I just want to know after my card will be expire and PRO is over, what option do I have?