+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My mum received her first email while she is in the UK on her holidays

baba_baba

May 31, 2017
Hi,

My mum received her first email on May 7th. She is currently in the UK with us and plans to return to Canada in October. We replied to the first email regarding her PR card with the requested details and received an automated acknowledgment. However, we haven't received any further correspondence.

I noticed that others in the forum mentioned they received an email asking them to reply about their return to Canada. I'm concerned because my mum plans to stay in the UK for nearly five months. Could this be an issue for her PR status? We're willing to cut the holiday short and return to Canada if necessary, as she has a valid super visa.

Thank you.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
First of all, why would you HOLIDAY for 5 months when your PR status is in the final stages. That's simple ridicules! To your question on the first email, I am assuming it's Portal 1. This required you to indicate if you were in Canada or not. If not, then tell them when you will return. That is the first email, it has nothing to do with the PR card. The second email (Portal 2) gives you access to the PR portal to confirm your location in Canada and provide details for the PR card.

If I also assume you made a mistake and said email 1 when it should be email 2, that's also a problematic position. If you are at email 2 it means COPR probably has not been issued. All this while your mother is outside the country vacationing for 5 months. If and when COPR is issued while she is in the UK that Visa she has becomes invalid. Long story short, if you indicated that you were in Canada when you were not, that was the wrong thing to do. If you indicated in portal 1 that she was in the UK for this unreasonably long period, her application might have been placed on hold until she eventually returns.

This response is based on the assumptions I made because your message and timeline is not clear. In any event, her returning to Canada as soon as possible is your only answer.

baba_baba

May 31, 2017
Hey, thanks for getting back to my post. She only got one email and never got into the portal. And what's the big deal about being on holiday for 5 months? Is there some rule that says you can't take long vacations or limits how long you can be outside Canada? We just answered the questions honestly, didn't lie about anything. Plus, your tone in the reply is inappropriate. What's so ridiculous about taking a long break? Do you really need a special reason for an extended holiday?