+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My child's PR card has arrived, but mine is not

Jul 6, 2012
My daughter and I arrived in Toronto last April 26, 2012. We had a very friendly and convenient experience at the airport and were told that our PR cards will be sent to the local address I gave the officer after 2 months. We made an exit after 2 weeks to our home country and I went back to the middle east for work responsibilities leaving my daughter with my mother. I plan to come back to Toronto alone and seek employment after which I could sponsor my mother to bring my daughter back to Canada. However, I needed my PR card to be sent to me via courier for re-entry to Toronto. When I called our family friends way back there, they have already received my daughter's PR card last July 3, but mine is not. I am wondering now whether there could be some problem regarding my PR card since we received our SIN card on the same day while we were staying in Toronto. Please advice me. Is there any way I could call the Canadian Immigration agents outside Canada because their hotline number (1 888 242-2100) is only within Canada. How could I check the status of my initial PR card application?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

christineandrea said:
My daughter and I arrived in Toronto last April 26, 2012. We had a very friendly and convenient experience at the airport and were told that our PR cards will be sent to the local address I gave the officer after 2 months. We made an exit after 2 weeks to our home country and I went back to the middle east for work responsibilities leaving my daughter with my mother. I plan to come back to Toronto alone and seek employment after which I could sponsor my mother to bring my daughter back to Canada. However, I needed my PR card to be sent to me via courier for re-entry to Toronto. When I called our family friends way back there, they have already received my daughter's PR card last July 3, but mine is not. I am wondering now whether there could be some problem regarding my PR card since we received our SIN card on the same day while we were staying in Toronto. Please advice me. Is there any way I could call the Canadian Immigration agents outside Canada because their hotline number (1 888 242-2100) is only within Canada. How could I check the status of my initial PR card application?
1. PR cards are sent separately. So give it a week. If it hasn't arrived then, phone +1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)

kikizhong

Jul 18, 2012
you can check your status on line, you could click "After applying", and then you can find "check the status of your application online", click it fill out your information and then you can get your status.

nikosyozzer

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Cornwall
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
Perhaps somebody can advise me on the following;

My wife and I were waiting to receive our PR cards and she has received hers today (she was the main Express Entry Applicant). I wondered if these cards tend to come together or seperately? I'm wondering where mine has got to? If anyone has an idea then please share.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
It will come separately. Hope you will get it during next week. Otherwise call CIC for the updates.

shsiddiki

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
with application
Nomination.....
with application
AOR Received.
5-Mar-2015 (PER)
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
1-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
Jul-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-Oct-2015 , Passport submitted on 20th Oct
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Oct, 2015
LANDED..........
Landed June 2016 :)
Dear All, I landed on 8th 2016 June and completed all formalaties m I received letter via email that you pic is not as per spec for PR Card, send it at given address. Thé letter was addressed to me n nothing mentioned about my spouse n children. should I assume that only my PR Card is pending ör my rest of my family members.

My son PR card is received while mine , my spouse and my daughter is still awaited, are those will be posted separately.

ASAINI

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
shsiddiki said:
Dear All, I landed on 8th 2016 June and completed all formalaties m I received letter via email that you pic is not as per spec for PR Card, send it at given address. Thé letter was addressed to me n nothing mentioned about my spouse n children. should I assume that only my PR Card is pending ör my rest of my family members.

My son PR card is received while mine , my spouse and my daughter is still awaited, are those will be posted separately.
If they have specifically mentioned your name in the email then it is for you only.
If they need any documents for any of your family member, they will let you know.

Also, each individual will get their PR in separate envelope (which means separate mail for everyone).

shsiddiki

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Dec-2014