+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My chances in getting approved for a TRV...

neon08

Feb 9, 2009
Greetings everyone!

Hope somebody can help shed some light regarding my chances of going to Canada to visit relatives.

My mom and sister, both Canadian citizens, plan to invite me to visit them in Canada together with my common-law partner and son. They both intend to shoulder our expenses (i.e. two-way tickets & accommodation). We only intend to stay for at least month in Canada and go back to our home-country because our son needs to go back to school as well and my partner to his work.

The only thing that worries me is my chances of getting approved for a TRV because I am currently a stay-at-home mom, and my partner employed as a contractual computer programmer.

I would appreciate anyone's advise or feedback regarding my concern. Thanks!

neon08

Feb 9, 2009
any advice please? because I don't know if it would be wise to have my relatives to get ticket reservations if I would fail to get a TRV visa for me and my family :(

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
neon08 said:
any advice please? because I don't know if it would be wise to have my relatives to get ticket reservations if I would fail to get a TRV visa for me and my family :(
You don't have to buy any tickets now if you're not sure of getting a TRV, considering you don't have enough "ties". It is okay to submit an application for TRV without the tickets.

neon08

Feb 9, 2009
Is it really ok without the tickets? won't that lessen my chances?

Also, what do you mean w/out enough "ties"?... is it financial on my end? or "ties" to go back to home country?

Thanks!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
neon08 said:
Is it really ok without the tickets? won't that lessen my chances?

Also, what do you mean w/out enough "ties"?... is it financial on my end? or "ties" to go back to home country?

Thanks!
"Ties" would be a job with a reputable company, or business or family (but your family is applying with you), assets. It is okay no submit an application without the tickets. It does not add nor lessen. Note that the checklist states "Photocopy of valid return ticket, if you have one". Or an alternative would be to get a refundable ticket, but it would be a bit more expensive.

neon08

Feb 9, 2009
thank you so much job_seeker for the insights....

just another clarification, if I can show them family assets (just land in particular) and business (my partner has a registered Corp.), will that give us at least more than 50% to pass for a TRV?

as for providing photocopy of return tickets (if you have one) , I am wondering, won't that be proof enough of our intentions of returning to our home country?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
neon08 said:
thank you so much job_seeker for the insights....

just another clarification, if I can show them family assets (just land in particular) and business (my partner has a registered Corp.), will that give us at least more than 50% to pass for a TRV?

as for providing photocopy of return tickets (if you have one) , I am wondering, won't that be proof enough of our intentions of returning to our home country?
From what country are you applying? A return ticket will not guarantee that the holder will be going back to the home country. There was another member who invited his girlfriend for a visit, provided round trip air fare but got denied. It would be more on how you put together your application/s and the invitation from your mom/sister. If your son needs to go back because of his studies, show school registration. There are no guarantees and we can only hope and pray that our apps get approved. But you'll never know if you did not try. Countries where job opportunities are scarce have smaller chances at getting approval unless the applicant has shown good travel history. You should be able to show enough funds on your own even if your mom/sister are going to provide fare/food and lodging.

neon08

Feb 9, 2009
Thank you so much again for your time responding to me... at least now I get a full grasp how I can prepare for an application by summer next year (hopefully I won't change my mind though)

I'm from the Philippines, btw :)