+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My advice based on my personal experience to applicants.

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
Hi guys, just thought I’d say a quick thank you to everyone who I’ve interacted with on this forum in regards to Outland family sponsorship. My application was recently approved and like it is/was for most of you, quite a Stressful experience.

for those still applying or about to apply, I’m just leaving some pointers, from my own experience.

1. You can do the forms yourselves if you have a fair grasp of English. There is no need for anyone to do them for you. The forms are Updated every once in a while so make sure you submit the latest ones. If someone does them for you, check them thoroughly Before submission. You are responsible- not them.

2. Make sure you validate and sign yourforms. Also recheck them a few times after you save them to make sure no error took place while saving.

3. Whatever information you cannot provide, support it with letters of explanation. I had submitted approximately ten of those. Make sure you clearly explain the reasons for any missing information. I even attached an LOE explaning how my street was renamed with an official government presslink since my bank showed the older street name And I could not amend that information on my bank’s website.

so if you have a doubt about any information you do or Don’t have…attach a LOE

3. Relationship proof..keep it simple and to the point. If you cannot demonstrate your relationship effectively in 20-40 photos then how can you convince any officer about the love you share. IRCC is burdened like crazy and no one wants to go through volumes of data. If your relationship is fairly new then Use family and friends letters if you feel you need to deliver more but it’s not compulsary.

4. Dont lie. Period. not worth it.

5. recheck everything even if you have submitted. For eg, I hadn’t realized I had incorrectly ticked a box about a visa refusal . In haste I forgot a visa refusal from 20 years ago(I was granted the visa many times after so I guess my memory had blocked out/forgotten about the refusal). You still need to mention it. I sent a LOE after AOR AFTER I had checked my forms. If I hadn’t checked the forms after submission on the pr portal I may have been denied or worse, banned Even though my intention was not to lie.

6. Label your documents properly, i.e file names in order.

7. check forums and the internet/YouTube. I got a lot of help here and from a channel called hit and submit on YouTube. That guy makes some solid ‘level A’ content. I’ve added a link for those interested.

https://youtube.com/@HitSubmitCanada?si=QBvgj7gnWmOWuGRK

8. Take your time to submit. Once you feel confident, recheck everything half a dozen times before you submit. A few days delay versus a few weeks if they return your application for error is not worth the haste.

9. Be patient. It’s a very non-informative process with a very random pace. Make your peace with that. Some days you will get 2 updates in one day. Sometimes 2 months will pass and it’s pin drop silence.. no one’s application moves at the Exact same pace. It’s human nature to compare but I would rather get an application processed later with a positive outcome rather than earlier with a PFL/interview or a returned application due to missing info.

10. be kind to your spouse. If you are living apart it’s not easy(neither is living together to be honest) :D. The process can take its toll.

11. Use pre arrival services facility if you have zero knowledge on Canadian life. It’s helpful.

Finally, my best wishes and immense gratitude to all April 23 applicants and the rest of the forum members.

see you guys on the settlement/new comer to Canada forums.

all the best everyone. God bless.

Peace.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
8. Take your time to submit. Once you feel confident, recheck everything half a dozen times before you submit. A few days delay versus a few weeks if they return your application for error is not worth the haste.
Good advice overall.

Note: getting a file returned because you left something out (or whatever) is more like 2-4 months delay, and quite a lot of uncertainty and stress while you wait to find out. So yeah, check everything multiple times.