+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple entry visitor visa

Mythili

Dec 24, 2012
Hello
I have a situation similar to the queries posted here, so thought if getting some help.
My mother enters Canada in jan and leaves Canada in april. Can she enter Canada again in may or June ? Or even after 2 weeks?
She have multi entry visa.
Please help me out in this situation
Thanks much
Mythili

nitinbali60

Star Member
Jun 8, 2009
I just wanted to update you guys on this.

My parents left Canada and went to USA for 15 days and came back to Canada. On arrival at Calgary airport, immigration officer gave them problem and harassed them with questions. Immigration officer phoned me at home and asked why were they in Canada for close to two years. I told them we applied for their extension twice and have been always legally staying in Canada.. Whats wrong with that?

They told me going to US and coming back just to extend their stay is not going to work and only allowed them in for a month and asked me to apply for extension again if I want them to stay here longer.

How does it matter to these immigration officers if these old folks stay here with us, they don't get any benefits or govt support anyway. Just staying at home with family. At one side they have introduced 10 year supervisa for parents but then why so strict at the port of entry knowing they are no burden to anyone in Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nitinbali60 said:
How does it matter to these immigration officers if these old folks stay here with us, they don't get any benefits or govt support anyway. Just staying at home with family. At one side they have introduced 10 year supervisa for parents but then why so strict at the port of entry knowing they are no burden to anyone in Canada.
Similar thing happened to my wife's relatives who came back from the US with us in same day cross border shopping in May. They were on single visit visa, arriving Vancouver in April and the expiry date was handwritten as June. I told CBSA that they would be leaving on July but the officer then ask me why blah.... Subsequently, they travelled to the US by themselves (this time by air) and got a new stamp with a new expiry date in July and returned to their home country couple of weeks ago.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Best to apply for ext...we did 6+6+12 now on multiple visitor visa

wasim_ahmad1

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Calgary
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Dear All,

I am in the same situation as all of you guys are. these topics are 2-5 years old and I am wondering if anyone of you can suggest me the best way to deal with this situation based on your own experiences.

Is re-entering from the states is good option or applying for the extension. My mother has a V1 visa valid for two years. I will highly appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks in advance!

geger

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar-Senegal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
01-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
I would suggest to apply for extention instead of border crossing

Richsanchez

Feb 11, 2018
Hello,

I am just wondering... I entered Canada with a Multiple Entry-Visitors Visa and stayed for 11 days from UAE with current working visa (UAE). Now, I am planning to go back to Canada after two months to visit again and wanted to cancel my UAE Working Visa, does it affect my entry to canada if I do not have a valid working visa from UAE?
Kindly do advice... thanks a ton