+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

multiple entry visa

Discussion in 'Visitors' started by malcesine, Nov 3, 2008.

  1. Does anyone explain what exactly is a multiple-entry visa?
  2. It's a visit visa that you can use multiple times during the time it's valid. You could also have a single entry visa that can only be used for one entry. For example, you want to make more than one trip to Canada in one year or you want to go to Canada and be able to go to the US and back to Canada, you want a multiple entry visa. If you are going to make one trip to Canada, stay a while, not go anywhere else, go back home and not come back to Canada for a while, you would be fine to get a single entry visa which is cheaper.
  3. Thanks Leon & Wolverine!

    A second question pertaining to the same "multiple entry visa". Won't Immigration be suspicious if some keeps entering and exiting Canada? I thought they frowned upon someone who comes back again. Or do I not understand the "multiple entry visa"?
  4. Suppose you move to Canada. Now suppose you have rich relatives who want to come visit you often - birthdays, christmas, vacations, etc. for them, it makes more sense to get a multiple entry visa.

    Another - admitedly unlikely - situation: you take an "american continent" tour: canada, then down to the US, Mexico, Guatemala, Panama, then all the way back up to Canada - you get a multiple entry visa, because you'll be entering canada twice.

    A third situation: you are a foreign student in Canada, but you miss home so you go there for a week or so once every four months. You should get a multiple entry visa.
  5. Thanks EduardoF!

    you've been a great help!
  6. Hi eduardoF!

    If someone comes here as a visitor (visa-exempt country) and decides they want to study for a few months (say less than the 6-month limit) could they get a multiple-entry visa and still be able to come back and visit more or study more? Or do multiple-entry visa just work for those who are studying full-time or working temporarily here in Canada?
  7. Hi

    Multiple entry TRVs are for non visa exempt countries only.

  8. Lenght of stay in Multiple entry visa

    I need a clarity about Multiple entry visa, if you date of visa expiry is June 25th, 2009 and the person enter Canada on the 22nd July, he will be given 6 months stay? does that 6 months still means that the person can travel in and out of Canada within that 6 months
  9. Hello,
    I'm going to Canada for study purpose. I have to apply for study visa even if I'm going to stay in Canada less then 6 months. Now, they are asking me if I what a multiple entry visa. I'd like to visit USA for some day during my permanence in Canada, but only as a traveller. Can you suggest me which kind of visa do I need(single or multiple)?
  10. Hello
    I have a situation similar to the queries posted here, so thought if getting some help.
    My mother enters Canada in jan and leaves Canada in april. Can she enter Canada again in may or June ? Or even after 2 weeks?
    She have multi entry visa.
    Please help me out in this situation
    Thanks much
  11. Yes, my folks came 3 times in span of 30 days and each time they got stamped for 6 months
  12. I realized there are many people who are in the quest for the current processing times for Visitor Visa, and I am one among many. I feel the agony of anticipation and uncertainity. To mitigate this agony, I took an initative to started a database, where each of us can contribute/submit our processing dates. This could be a great source of information as what to expect.

    I humbly would like to request everyone to come forward and help the fellow Visa Seekers in this regard!! Please check the following link and post the information.

  13. For Single entry Visa also as I can find in the cic website people can re-enter Canada if they are not travelling anywhere other than United States and St. Pierre and Miquelon, till the date their Visa is valid

    In the cic website link it is written:

    "A single-entry visa allows you to enter Canada only one time. Once you have left Canada, excluding travel to the United States and St. Pierre and Miquelon, you will need a new visa to travel back to and enter Canada.
    If your visa is still valid and you are travelling only and directly to the United States (including its Territories and Possessions) or St. Pierre and Miquelon, you do not need a new temporary resident visa to return to Canada"

    I think here the Visa date validity is till the date it will be stamped by immigration officer in POE.
    Do anyone have any idea on the same?
  14. hi
    i want to know if hong kong students studying in canada need a Multiple entry temporary resident visa to return to canada or not

Share This Page