+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple Entries into Canada (Parents on V-1 Visitor Visa)

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
Hello,

My parents are Indian passport holders, with multiple entry visitor visas from both Canada and the US. They are visiting me (in Toronto) and my sister (in Chicago) this summer, and will go back and forth:
1. India - Toronto flight
2. Few days later, Toronto - Chicago flight
3. Couple of weeks later, Chicago - Toronto return flight
4. Couple of weeks later, Toronto - Ohio road trip
5. Few days later, Ohio - Toronto return road trip
6. Couple of weeks later, Toronto - India return flight

Effectively they would be entering Canada 3 times (twice by flight, once by road) within a couple of months. Is this fine, or could the Canadian immigration officers have questions/concerns?

Thanks very much in advance for your replies.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Effectively they would be entering Canada 3 times (twice by flight, once by road) within a couple of months. Is this fine, or could the Canadian immigration officers have questions/concerns?
This is fine. But, it would depend on the officers they meet at the POE each time they arrive

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
This is fine. But, it would depend on the officers they meet at the POE each time they arrive
Thanks for your reply. Does that mean immigration officers could ask my parents to explain their travel plans, show their travel itinerary, etc.? Or are their circumstances when they could be denied entry?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for your reply. Does that mean immigration officers could ask my parents to explain their travel plans, show their travel itinerary, etc.?
Yes. They could be asked to show that they have funds for their visit, return tickets, etc.

Or are their circumstances when they could be denied entry?
Chances of them being denied entry are slim as they are not visiting for several months on each visit

Reactions: prash42