+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Montreal for India during Pregnancy (24 weeks)

Vjktk

May 18, 2015
Hi ,
I am moving to Montreal around Dec20 - Jan 6.
I am on worker visa sponsored by my company (TCS) . My wife is 23 weeks pregnant and due date is Mar 20. I have a son 6 yrs old with study visa.
Need suggestions will it manage to take care of her pregnancy checks and delivery without issues? I heard we can get the RAMQ card after 8weeks max and will be difficult to find ob-gyn . I will be getting My company insurance cars once I land there. If this is going to be difficult I will allow my wife to deliver the baby in India and take then after baby is born. Please advise.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi ,
I am moving to Montreal around Dec20 - Jan 6.
I am on worker visa sponsored by my company (TCS) . My wife is 23 weeks pregnant and due date is Mar 20. I have a son 6 yrs old with study visa.
Need suggestions will it manage to take care of her pregnancy checks and delivery without issues? I heard we can get the RAMQ card after 8weeks max and will be difficult to find ob-gyn . I will be getting My company insurance cars once I land there. If this is going to be difficult I will allow my wife to deliver the baby in India and take then after baby is born. Please advise.
duplicate post. You’ll be required to wait up to 3 months to get RAMQ so would only arrive if you can pay out of pocket which will likely be 10k+. If you can pay out of pocket I would suggest calling OBs from India to see if you can find an OB willing to take you on as a private patient. If you can’t find an OB willing to take you on as a private patient that should also influence your decision making.

Reactions: Vjktk