+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Canada with pregnant wife

Oct 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wish if you could have messaged this before you got your visa's my friend.

I had a very similar case as yours.

I had done my medical already in May 2012 and in June I decided to marry my wife. problem was, my medical was already done. I asked 1000 people and most gave me -ve advises to leave my wife and go to Canada alone. I instead emailed the embassy telling them my situation as I knew sponsoring my wife from pakistan would take 32 months easily. They themselves gave me an option to hold my visa till i get married and submit the documents. I got married in Aug 2012 in court and submitted my documents in Sep.

I got my re-medical request and did that with my wife in Feb 2013. got my visa stamped in Mar-13 and then landed in Oct 2013 and got the PR.

Conclusion is, Canadian visa office is extremely helpful before issuing you the visa. but they are very firm after issuing you the visa.

I don't think you have much of a choice other than taking chance of landing in Canada with your 6 months pregnant wife.

What you could do is that you can just send them an email explaining your situation and also your wive's report or doctor's paper clearly stating her condition and not allowing her to travel. if they can help u then fine. else u have to land if u want to avoid being separated from ur wife and kid for 26-32 months till u are able to sponsor them.

Regards
Raj