+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving out of province after receiving PNP PR (but lived in it for 8 years prior to PR)

dani83

Feb 15, 2023
Hey everyone!

I'm waiting for my PNP PR process to be finalized. I live and work in Ontario. I've been living here for 8 years now, always renewing my work permits.
However, once I get my PR, I want to buy a house, and the prices are just prohibitive here, unfortunately, as much as I love it here.
I wonder if buying a house in another province would harm my chances of getting citizenship in the future, or would it be considered a strong justifiable reason to move?

These are my ties to Ontario:
* Lived here for 8 years
* Would continue working for a Ontario based company remotely
* Would go back to Toronto at least 4 times a year due to mandatory presential quarterly meetings
* Strong ties with my country's community in Toronto
* Strong ties with almost decade-long friends in Toronto

Thanks!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hey everyone!

I'm waiting for my PNP PR process to be finalized. I live and work in Ontario. I've been living here for 8 years now, always renewing my work permits.
However, once I get my PR, I want to buy a house, and the prices are just prohibitive here, unfortunately, as much as I love it here.
I wonder if buying a house in another province would harm my chances of getting citizenship in the future, or would it be considered a strong justifiable reason to move?

These are my ties to Ontario:
* Lived here for 8 years
* Would continue working for a Ontario based company remotely
* Would go back to Toronto at least 4 times a year due to mandatory presential quarterly meetings
* Strong ties with my country's community in Toronto
* Strong ties with almost decade-long friends in Toronto

Thanks!
Once you are PR , you can live and work anywhere in Canada. There won’t be any problems in future. It’s your mobility right.

Reactions: scylla