+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving from the US to Canada: Can I Transport Household Items, Car, and Personal Belongings?

Jaswitha12

Nov 28, 2023
I'm soon relocating from the US to Canada due to an employer transfer, and I have questions about what I can bring with me. Specifically, I'm wondering if it's allowed to transport my household items, such as furniture and utensils, my car, music gear, and book collection to Canada using a U-Haul or U-Box. Are there any restrictions based on the nature of my Canadian work permit? I would greatly appreciate any information or guidance on this matter. Thank you!
GB WhatsApp Do you know that you can hide online status, blue ticks, double ticks, recording and typing status from your contacts to maintain your private life?

Last edited:

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I'm soon relocating from the US to Canada due to an employer transfer, and I have questions about what I can bring with me. Specifically, I'm wondering if it's allowed to transport my household items, such as furniture and utensils, my car, music gear, and book collection to Canada using a U-Haul or U-Box. Are there any restrictions based on the nature of my Canadian work permit? I would greatly appreciate any information or guidance on this matter. Thank you!
GB WhatsApp Do you know that you can hide online status, blue ticks, double ticks, recording and typing status from your contacts to maintain your private life?
Yes, you should be able to bring all your stuff without paying duties on the condition that you are moving to Canada temporarily and you are not going to sell off anything. Better to make a list of goods to follow and have the documentation of what you gonna import. Yes you can use U-Haul, U-pack or U-Box, any way of transport is fine. But with the car you need to have correct documentation. Check this. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/exporting-importing-vehicle-us-to-canada-only.415713/page-9#post-6734554