+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother's and Father's name not printed in passport, How to fill PR application?

KishorSU

Dec 14, 2023
Hi All,

Thank you for making an effort to help me on this. In the PR application, the Last name is mandatory field for Father's and Mother's name. However my passport has only their given/first name. I am not sure what to enter in the last name, has anyone faced this issue?

I cannot leave the mandatory field blank, and my passport doesn't have the last name.

Regards,
KS

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
What in the world are you talking about? If the form ask for their full name, JUST WRITE DOWN THEIR FULL NAMES! You do not need proof for this. Or are you saying you don't know your mother and father's last name? which is it? And stop looking at the passport for this info, you need a birth certificate.

If writing down your parents name is confusing you, I suggest you get professional help for the application.

KishorSU

Dec 14, 2023
Hi @Chasechs ,

Thank you for your feedback, the form asks First name and Last name separately ( both are mandatory fields) . I was wondering if there will be any reconciliation of my passport (my passport doesn't have last name of my Father and Mother, though they have in their individual passports) and the application. I am not sure if we need to submit birth certificate in PR application.

In your opinion, what would you do in this case?

Passport:
Father's first name : ABC
Father's last name : ____

Mother's first name : XYZ
Mother's last name : ____

IRCC Requests ( mandatory fields )
Father's first name :
Father's last name :

Mother's first name :
Mother's last name :

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
As I said before, JUST WRITE DOWN THE FULL NAMES , first and last whereover it is required......IRCC does not reconcile your parents' name for your PR application. If the application has nothing to do with them, there is no reconciliation!

Stop confusing yourself..........the forms also ask you to list all your siblings.......clearly that's not in the passport, so now what? One misconception leads to more confusion.

I'm going to be brutally honest, you are asking a very dumb question. That's the main reason no one else has responded to you. And if this confuses you, I AGAIN suggest getting professional help with the application.