+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mortgage for a new comer

oxsegun

Feb 22, 2007
Hello , please I will like someone to suggest a mortgage broker or bank that give mortgage to a new comer.I just started working in March this year I want to buy a house of about CAD$250,000 I already have 5% and the closing fee.I will appreciate anyone who can help with useful information. I will like to buy the house in Edmonton. Thanks.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why don't you check the yellow pages for a mortgage broker or shop around to see which bank give mortgage to a new comer like you?

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
oxsegun said:
Hello , please I will like someone to suggest a mortgage broker or bank that give mortgage to a new comer.I just started working in March this year I want to buy a house of about CAD$250,000 I already have 5% and the closing fee.I will appreciate anyone who can help with useful information. I will like to buy the house in Edmonton. Thanks.
I am pretty sure you will not qualify since you have no credit and employment history required..... at least not with 5% down.

Some brokers might take the risk with a bigger down payment.

As a self employed individual with excellent credit in Canada, I was required to put 35% down.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are agents who can help you get a house even if you are new immigrant, declared bankrupcy, possible criminal record and everything under the sky.

gosia

Apr 26, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
26-05-2011
File Transfer...
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made April 15, 2013
LANDED..........
20-06-2013
RBC bank have a promotion for new comers who are first homebuyers. you dont need a credit history, they will even give you a first credit card as well.

Use link below for more information.

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/personal.html

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
newtone said:
There are agents who can help you get a house even if you are new immigrant, declared bankrupcy, possible criminal record and everything under the sky.
Not with 5% down.

gosia said:
RBC bank have a promotion for new comers who are first homebuyers. you dont need a credit history, they will even give you a first credit card as well.

Use link below for more information.

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/personal.html

No way. Not with 5% down.