+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake in PR Application.

Ethila Palit

May 6, 2019
Hello!

I am new to this forum. I received my ITA on 13th December 2018. Completed by Medical in 2nd February and applied for PR on 9th February, 2019. I had my Bio-metric on 9th April 2019. Now after all these time I noticed a mistake in one of the documents that I have submitted while applying.

I used to work at a small organization where while appointing me they offered me an offer letter cum appointment letter. The office did not ask me to sign the papers and never wanted a copy of my signed appointment letter (though there was blank space for my signature), and so I did not sign it. And now I have submitted that unsigned appointment letter with my application. I also submitted my resignation letter, work experience and salary certificate from that office. Now I am working at a different office and those documents were also submitted.

Will my application get rejected for this mistake? Is there any way in which I can rectify this mistake?

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Hello!

I am new to this forum. I received my ITA on 13th December 2018. Completed by Medical in 2nd February and applied for PR on 9th February, 2019. I had my Bio-metric on 9th April 2019. Now after all these time I noticed a mistake in one of the documents that I have submitted while applying.

I used to work at a small organization where while appointing me they offered me an offer letter cum appointment letter. The office did not ask me to sign the papers and never wanted a copy of my signed appointment letter (though there was blank space for my signature), and so I did not sign it. And now I have submitted that unsigned appointment letter with my application. I also submitted my resignation letter, work experience and salary certificate from that office. Now I am working at a different office and those documents were also submitted.

Will my application get rejected for this mistake? Is there any way in which I can rectify this mistake?
Ideally, it shouldn't matter. But for your own peace of mind, you could use the CSE webform to add a clarification (as an Addendum to your Letter of Explanation). You could state that two copies of the document exist; and the copy in your possession is missing the signature, while the copy that you signed while accepting the offer was retained by your company for their internal records.