+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing Daughter Document

doctorbeat

Jan 20, 2019
Hello,
I've been working in Quebec for 2 years now, under a work permit, and I'm the process of obtaining my PR.
I already have my CSQ through French (PEQ – Québec experience program), and I was filling out the paperwork for the Permanent residency.
Now the tricky part is that I have a daughter. I had her when I was 18yo (i'm 32yo now) and her and her mom emigrated to Germany, and I never heard from them in 10+ years. Thanks to that, its nearly impossible for me to acquire any documentation regarding my daughter.
Before she left to Germany I signed a document giving her mother the full custody.

What do you advise me to do? Those documents (birth certificates,etc) are required even if she is not under my guard?

Thanks for the help!

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
You will have to declare your daughter. Attach a letter explaining your situation, also say that you are aware that you never be able to sponsor her later and that you have no idea of her whereabouts and hence cannot supply any paperwork. A copy of the document which gives mother full custody would help too if you have it.

doctorbeat

Jan 20, 2019
You will have to declare your daughter. Attach a letter explaining your situation, also say that you are aware that you never be able to sponsor her later and that you have no idea of her whereabouts and hence cannot supply any paperwork. A copy of the document which gives mother full custody would help too if you have it.
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply.
I was able to gather a birth certificate for y daughter as well as the copy of the document that i signed stating that I gave her mother the full custody (its just a copy of the signed document though).
This, alongside with a letter explaining that i have no idea of her whereabouts, plus stating that i have no Intention of sponsoring her, do you think it will be clear enough to not cause any delays?

Thanks for all the help

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply.
I was able to gather a birth certificate for y daughter as well as the copy of the document that i signed stating that I gave her mother the full custody (its just a copy of the signed document though).
This, alongside with a letter explaining that i have no idea of her whereabouts, plus stating that i have no Intention of sponsoring her, do you think it will be clear enough to not cause any delays?

Thanks for all the help
Yes that should be sufficient. Shows you’re not lying or hiding anything. You’ve declared the child for disclosure purposes as was required. Best of luck for the future.