+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Minor PR is Grade 12 required

Tracy.Possum

Jun 11, 2017
Hello

A brief outline, my children have immigrated to CA with their father. They will receive their PR soon, my oldest son is still studying in our country and wants to complete his schooling here (grade 12) will this effect his university benefits? That he has not completed his Grade 12 in CA? He will be 18 when he completes Grade 12 in our country. Dec 2018.

Second question, once they have their PR am I allowed to apply being their biological mother. Boys are 11 and 16 currently.

Thank you :)

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Answer to the second question assuming based on your post maybe incorrectly you are no longer with the father then your children could sponsor you once they reach age 18 although parent sponsorship is lottery based so not guaranteed. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/pgp-apply-who.asp

There are also financial requirements/obligations involved so it is not a straight forward route just because you are the biological mother. You could look at H&C whilst one or other are still under age although that route has few approvals.