App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
fkl said:
Hi Zardoz,

It was what i could find publicly available :) it still is the visa (and not study or work permit itself). Though image of W1 might have been better which is what you probably meant.
Sorry, thought that the 2 links were identical. Checked with a different browser and the visa showed up. Apologies...

dalma11

Star Member
May 26, 2013
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27/08/2014
Doc's Request.
05/11/2015
Nomination.....
06/11/2015
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-02-2017
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2017
LANDED..........
Inland
fkl said:
Ah... there is no such thing as "work visa". There is a temp resident visa AND there is a work permit. Visa is stamped on passport (although the stamp also shows whether your status in canada is visitor, student or worker) , work permit is a separate letter which people OFTEN staple with their passports BUT it's not a travel document. It states conditions under which you can work in Canada.

I am not questioning your situation. May be there are additional details involved of some sort.

But the above is absolutely the documentary procedure. Please be very clear about it. I don't want others to read and "assume they can travel on work permits"
I`m not a very active member of this forum, and now I can see way, but I know how much I was looking for some info when we were in the same situation .

1. I never, ever said that people are able to travel based on their work permits, I mention several times was a "flagpole", exactly like you do it for permanent residency or other people to renew their work permits. You can search for definition or call Alberta Service at free number and they will explain you.

2. My passport was stamp with 1 year visa (worker) 5 years ago based on my work permit at that time. Since then I renew my work permit 3 times, that visa is long expired and no one renew my visa at the border after the flagpole, if I have to LEAVE Canada now (for vacation, travel) I NEED to apply for Temporary resident visa to re-enter in Canada (either from Canada or outside). I DID NOT apply for a temporary visa when a did the flagpole at US border and here I am still in Canada, working.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
zardoz said:
Sorry, thought that the 2 links were identical. Checked with a different browser and the visa showed up. Apologies...
No problem - yes chorme's sub indexing to a specific document on a page might fail on FF or IE :) I thought you were pointing out that it was still an S-1 visa and not a W-1

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
fkl said:
Often people coming on work permits get a single entry trv (valid for six months only). This means that if they exit and reenter Canada - they would require trv again.
Not when travelling to the US.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=527&t=16

Expired temporary resident visa

You can request to return to Canada on your original temporary resident visa, even if it is expired, if:
- you will only visit the U.S. or St. Pierre and Miquelon; and
- you will return to Canada before the end of your approved stay in Canada.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Thanks - that's useful information. I didn't know that.

Shivanshu05

Jan 27, 2015
My husband somehow did not extend my two kids' (7 and 5 yo) visitor permit when he renewed his own and mine 6 months ago. so my kids' permit expired in Nov 2013. While we were in Monteal we indeed extended my kids' health card without being asked for their permits. we moved here in Toronto since April. When we applied for health card in Toronto recently, service Ontario asked for valid permits for my kids. I called CIC which informed me that my kids have to leave Canada right away as they are out of status.

Someone knows if this could be fixed within Canada? I feel extremely sorry for my ignorance.

Both me and my husband have a valid work permit until March 2015.

Thank you for sharing ur opinion...
Hi,

i understand that it has been a while that you discussed your case. But I guess I am in a similar situation here and would like your advice. Can you share your email id?

best regards,
Shiva

Goody1

Feb 1, 2022
Thank you so much Dalma11, for sharing your own story. How long was your kid out of status? in order to leave Canada for USA, did you update your Canadian visa and apply for a USA visa? Would you please tell me exactly how you dealt with that? My 5yo is an American but the other one is Chinese?
Hello Fanziyi , please i have a friend i similar situation and scared to the bone to go to the Boder, how did yours end.