johnfortin

Apr 19, 2013
Vientiane, Laos
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife went to a designated hospital to do her medical check for PR to Canada today, and was told that it has to be requested from the Canadian Embassy. I looked for the Form online (IMM 1017), but am unable to download it. How do I obtain Copy 1 of Medical Report - Client Biodata and Summary?

On the guide, it states that this form is provided and signed by the panel physician on the medical exam appointment.

what am I to believe here? We are in Bangkok at the moment.

John

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
They should have something called UPFRONT MEDICAL but your DMP wants CIC to request for one which will delay the process

Show em this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob471.asp

With the release of the new GCMS 4.0, it should be noted that all previous versions of the IMM 1017 form as well as the Appendix C will no longer to be used. With this release, there will be two newly-revised IMM 1017 forms:

IMM 1017: Medical Report: Client Biodata and Summary (not available on our website as it will be GCMS-generated along with medical instructions)
IMM 1017B: Upfront Medical Report: Client Biodata and Summary (not available on our website as panel physicians will have these forms in their office. With the implementation of the new IMM 1017B, Appendix C will no longer be required)

kkbaggio

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Kelowna BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 May 2013
Doc's Request.
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
13 June 2013
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Done....
14 May 2013
Passport Req..
9 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
23 Nov 2013
So does it mean the body check center will give me the form IMM1017?

Farfelu

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-JUN-2012
Doc's Request.
01-AUG-2012
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2012
File Transfer...
12-OCT-2012
Med's Request
01-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
30-AUG-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-APR-2013
kkbaggio said:
So does it mean the body check center will give me the form IMM1017?
If the panel physician follows CIC's procedures as expected, he should not require you to bring anything but your passport for ID purposes. Read this manual http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/handbook-extract.pdf and bring a hardcopy to the IME's office if necessary, to show him how the process works, the relevant information is on page 7. The physician should give you a form with the UMI number after the examination is complete, which you would attach to your application.

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am an outland applicant (UK) but had my medical done a fortnight ago in Canada, where I was on holiday. The panel doctor (very experienced: her practice does dozens of immigration medicals each week) told me that about a month ago panel doctors were told that from then on all medical reports were to be done on line. I had taken along the relevant yellow coloured form with my details and the requisite photographs (the practice had asked for 6 of them) all of which were immediately returned to me unused. My photograph was taken by one of the surgery personnel on a digital camera for ease of transfer to the online report. At the end of the medical I was handed a completed form (presumably the first page of the report) with the photograph printed on it. Unfortunately I have sent off my application to Mississauga without photocopying the form and so cannot tell you all about it, but I did notice that it did not state that it was a form IMM 1017 or any number incorporating those figures. So it appears that in the very recent past the procedure has substantially changed.

1stchoice

Dec 3, 2012
Send a mail to them with the following details
File Number-If applicable
Full name
Date of Birth
Mailing Address
Email
Nationality

Ask for an update about her application from the high commissioner handling
her case.

If her case has gotten to the medical stage,she will be sent the form with
the email she used in sending the enquiry to them.

My wife just received the medical form as well using this method.

Hope this will help.

Thanks

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Some hospital still require the form. I posted a link to the form in the Sponsoring My Korean Wife thread. Its a simple 1 page form. Search for it on here or google.

mizpahdevera

Aug 12, 2013
where can i get the Section A Client Identification and Summary?

Will it be sent to me thru email or thru regular mail?

diaz_maricar

Feb 27, 2014
Hi,

I have a question. I received an email last week from the embassy telling me to set up an appointment with a clinic on the Panel physicians' list. I have been to the clinic but unfortunately, they told me that the email should have an attached IMM 1017. I haven't received the form yet after three emails to this address: manila-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca. What do I have to do? Do I continue without the form or wait for the embassy's reply? Help please. Any advice on this would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

KateChurchill

Jul 17, 2016
My upfront medical exam (for my outland permanent resident app - I'm a US citizen) is Monday morning in Toronto. Because this is the upfront exam, I don't have a form to provide the doctor. I've searched online and only see the IMM 1017 B discussed but it's not posted online. Am I correct in going to the appointment with nothing but my passport, id & cash to pay for the exam?

Thanks!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
KateChurchill said:
My upfront medical exam (for my outland permanent resident app - I'm a US citizen) is Monday morning in Toronto. Because this is the upfront exam, I don't have a form to provide the doctor. I've searched online and only see the IMM 1017 B discussed but it's not posted online. Am I correct in going to the appointment with nothing but my passport, id & cash to pay for the exam?

Thanks!
correct. there is no longer a form needed. the results are sent electronically by the doctor, and they will give you an "emedical receipt" for you to put in your application package. i would recommend calling the doctor's office to confirm whether they need you to bring passport pictures. some doctors require you to bring them and some take care of it when you're there.

nass

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
AOR Received.
30-01-2016
Dear Ms. xxxxxxx xxxx xxxxxxx

.This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the family class category.

Please be advised that an electronic medical examination form has been sent to your email address today. Kindly confirm your receipt of the electronic medical examination form.

Regards,

Visa Section/Section des visas

Canadian Embassy/Ambassade du Canada

Nile City Towers, 2005 (A) Corniche El Nile

South Tower, 18th floor, Cairo 11221

E-mail: cairo.visa@international.gc.ca

I did the Emedical exam June 16 2016 and I send it without they asking me and i received this email form (IMM 1017), of Medical Report - Client Biodata and Summary?
. I don't get it the medical are the same one or is different ? anyone knows?should I send it again?

mudasser2017

Sep 12, 2017
Hi,

I am Indian working in Saudi Arabia for last four years and now I have applied for MBA from Canada.
I got invitation from university.
now, I am planning to apply for VISA from INDIA through Education consultant.

My question is Can I get my medical done from SAUDI (where I am currently living)? by approved Canadian Panel Physician here.

your quick reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks