+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Condition

John Cruz

Mar 22, 2010
Hello! This is my first time I join here hoping for some advice/answer to my problem about medical requirements for permanent resident in Canada.

1. My wife is working in Canada and she is applying for permanent resident, and she is sponsoring me being her husband. my problem is? I am hepatitis b positive, but my wife and my children are not positive. Can i live in Canada as permanent resident? or is there a chance that canadian government will allow me to be a permanent resident with my wife and my children.

2.Or Is there a possibility that canadian government will approve my wife permanent resident application even I fail in medical exam.

3. However they aprove my medical exam and allow me to live in canada, do they allow me to work there in canada.

Thank you very much

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1. Not a problem. Spouses are exempt from the requirement not to cause excessive demand on healthcare services, and Hep B is not a threat to public safety.

2. You won't "fail" the medical exam. The only issue for spouses would be a condition that was a threat to others, e.g. active Tuberculosis. Even that wouldn't prevent you coming to Canada, they would just require that you be treated before arriving.

3. One you are a permanent resident of Canada, you have the right to work anywhere in Canada.

If you have more questions, you probably want this forum instead, for family class sponsorship:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/family-class-sponsorship-b5.0/

John Cruz

Mar 22, 2010
Thank you for the comments

Thank you Matthewc for your comment, it gives me now a reason to breath that I have a chance to unite my family in Canada.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

matthewc said:
1. Not a problem. Spouses are exempt from the requirement not to cause excessive demand on healthcare services, and Hep B is not a threat to public safety.

2. You won't "fail" the medical exam. The only issue for spouses would be a condition that was a threat to others, e.g. active Tuberculosis. Even that wouldn't prevent you coming to Canada, they would just require that you be treated before arriving.

3. One you are a permanent resident of Canada, you have the right to work anywhere in Canada.

If you have more questions, you probably want this forum instead, for family class sponsorship:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/family-class-sponsorship-b5.0/
The OP is not a spousal applicant, he said his spouse is apply for PR so I bet that she is a an Live in Caregiver applying for PR and he is included as a dependent. Excessive demand in that case does apply to him.

PMM

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks PMM, well spotted. I misinterpreted where the OP said his wife was "sponsoring" him.

John, you will have to wait for CIC to assess the medical results to know whether this will be a problem. The DMP handbook (see Question 8: Hepatitis) requires more tests if you are not excessive demand exempt. I'm not a doctor, but that seems to imply to me that whether you are deemed to be inadmissible due to excessive demand will depend on those tests - otherwise why would they need those extra tests. This appeal also implies that it will all depend on whether your hepatitis is stable or whether it's requiring significant treatment.

You should be aware that if you are found inadmissible due to excessive demand, that will also make your wife inadmissible.

jerlits

Aug 24, 2014
hi..im a filipino nurse working for 6 yrs. and im hepatitis b positive just a carrier and my cousin is in manitoba and wants me to apply as mpnp. im just worried that if i apply and be a NOMINEE, would their be a chance that i would be denied in the medical exam or get a visa. thanks just need your help.