Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Hi all, i arrived to New Brunswick one month ago and I thought that I’d need a health insurance for the three months before I expected to receive my New Brunswick health coverage (I applied for my heath card one week after I arrived) so I purchased a blue cross insurance for 3 months. But to my surprise today I received my New Brunswick Medicare card in mail, exactly one month since I arrived, with my name on it and expiry date 2023. So my question is, does it mean that I don’t need that blue cross insurance now and I can cancel it, or that card will only become activated after 3 months of waiting period still?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all, i arrived to New Brunswick one month ago and I thought that I’d need a health insurance for the three months before I expected to receive my New Brunswick health coverage (I applied for my heath card one week after I arrived) so I purchased a blue cross insurance for 3 months. But to my surprise today I received my New Brunswick Medicare card in mail, exactly one month since I arrived, with my name on it and expiry date 2023. So my question is, does it mean that I don’t need that blue cross insurance now and I can cancel it, or that card will only become activated after 3 months of waiting period still?
Hi

As per the New Brunswick website, there is no wait period. You had coverage from day 1.

Reactions: Ukrainian girl