+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MBA from a good canadian university

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am working as Marketing Manager with a leading Co in India. I have more than 6.5 yrs industry experience. I am full time MBA - Marketing from ICFAI Business School. My wife is MBA-HR & is working as HR Manager with IT Company in Delhi. We have a 3 yrs old daughter also.

Now I am looking for pursuing Exec MBA / Full Time from a very good B-School from Canada and later on settling there with my family.

Please suggest:
a) Good Universities in Canada for Exec MBA / MBA.
b) Fee structure of these institute and process of applying loans
c) Placements of these institutes.
d) GMAT Score required for these institutes
e) Process of application in these universities and when do their session starts
f) Suggestion whether I should be going for Exec MBA / Full Time MBA. Where are the better job prospects as I am looking for a good job as I will be leaving my job in India.

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is thre a old thread or any url i can refer?? Or anyone who is applying to top 3 / 5 mba colleges this year?

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ontario = 1) U of Toronto , 2) U of Western Ontario , 3) York University , 4) Ryerson university

Quebec = 1) Mcgill Unviersity , 2) HEC Montreal , 3) Concordia university

All good MBA'ers :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
wJaz said:
Ontario = 1) U of Toronto , 2) U of Western Ontario , 3) York University , 4) Ryerson university

Quebec = 1) Mcgill Unviersity , 2) HEC Montreal , 3) Concordia university

All good MBA'ers :)
Ryerson is not in the same league as the other three in Ontario you have mentioned. Ryerson is an OK school but is definitely not a top school.

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
1. University of Toronto
2. University of British Columbia.
3. McGill University.
3. University of western Ontario
4. University of Alberta.

Good Luck.

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wish i could get an MBA admission in any of those!

Poor me, Poor GMAT!

rahulchd

May 15, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 May 2012
AOR Received.
14 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2012
Interview........
Telephonic Interview 10 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
11 Sep 2012, Passport recd by New Delhi on 17 Sep 2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process: 11 Oct 2012, Decision Made: 30 November 2012
LANDED..........
10 Dec 2012, Destination: Edmonton, Alberta
sm9 said:
Hi,

I am working as Marketing Manager with a leading Co in India. I have more than 6.5 yrs industry experience. I am full time MBA - Marketing from ICFAI Business School. My wife is MBA-HR & is working as HR Manager with IT Company in Delhi. We have a 3 yrs old daughter also.

Now I am looking for pursuing Exec MBA / Full Time from a very good B-School from Canada and later on settling there with my family.

Please suggest:
e) Process of application in these universities and when do their session starts
f) Suggestion whether I should be going for Exec MBA / Full Time MBA. Where are the better job prospects as I am looking for a good job as I will be leaving my job in India.
In Canada- government control is really high one the education quality of every school and university. It means wherever you do it will be recognized and accredited with every employer. Other thing, doing an MBA from top schools is an excellent opportunity to enter Canadian Job Market (Immigration purposes ease up with job in hand).
Next thing- Canada is a very big country in terms of every province have their own standards and criterias for various things. So what you should right now is research a lot and do not just count entering Canada in some rural isolated place where mostly people get depressed and go back. My concern is not to de motivate you but to help you to search fro your big picture. Hope it helps.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sm9 said:
Hi,

Please suggest:
a. General rule of thumb is that public universities are always a good option. so start there and make a list of public universities in canada.

b. go to the university websites and search the program you are looking for, the entire course outline including fee, semester layout, admission requirements etc will be there.

c. nobody can give you a definite black and white answer to this. Placements depend on a lot of things (your own skills and abilities to a large extent). However, if co-op or a work project is a mandatory part of the program, i would consider that to be a good thing. Look for MBA programs that have a mandatory work placement/ project/ co-op part.

d. see b. Program admission requirements will be different for each university. again, general rule of thumb is the harder it is to get into a program, more in demand it is and will probably have an edge over others.

e. again, see b

f. this is similar to my answer in c. No guarantees if you will find a job right away after graduation. Job hunting is tough and finding the right job takes time. However, you might get lucky and find one right away. everybody goes through it differently. so what may have worked for others may not necessarily work for you or vice-versa.

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just_do_it said:
a. General rule of thumb is that public universities are always a good option. so start there and make a list of public universities in canada.

b. go to the university websites and search the program you are looking for, the entire course outline including fee, semester layout, admission requirements etc will be there.

c. nobody can give you a definite black and white answer to this. Placements depend on a lot of things (your own skills and abilities to a large extent). However, if co-op or a work project is a mandatory part of the program, i would consider that to be a good thing. Look for MBA programs that have a mandatory work placement/ project/ co-op part.

d. see b. Program admission requirements will be different for each university. again, general rule of thumb is the harder it is to get into a program, more in demand it is and will probably have an edge over others.

e. again, see b

f. this is similar to my answer in c. No guarantees if you will find a job right away after graduation. Job hunting is tough and finding the right job takes time. However, you might get lucky and find one right away. everybody goes through it differently. so what may have worked for others may not necessarily work for you or vice-versa.

Well said brother. Cheers.

aamro1992

Jul 10, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-March-2017
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-June-2017
LANDED..........
01-Sep-2017
Look out for Wilfrid Laurier MBA co-op program. It has one of the largest co-op programs in Ontario. Almost guaranteed starting job.

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks all for your inputs and suggestions...anybody else sailing in same boat?

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
not me. Im taking GMAT in August and will apply for Fall 2014 session MBA.

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
I think universities which ask for gmat scores are better. BTW I heard mba program in university of western Ontario and Toronto is very good. McGill is basically famous for law/economics etc..try these...and check co-op availability

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah all these universities are actually Top Ranked in World also.

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What should be the approx cost of Full time MBA program in Canada?